ipc hog 3 color changing issues please help.

Phil333Phil333 Registered User
I am having issues with the clr changing functions in hog 3 on the ipc.

when changing from magenta on the mixing flags to cyan, the fixture (mac 2000 wash and mac 2000 profile) on the mixing flags, it go's through white.

some clrs on the mixing flags are jumping or ignoring the default cue fade times.

is this the path, they are on default linear.

is it the console, ipc running hog 3

or is it the fixture, mac 2000 wash and profile in 16 bit.

I have just moved over from hog 2 to 3 and have never seen or had this problem in hog 2 mode.

please help.

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    This sounds like you are changing color models,
    Are you using strictly cmy?
    Or are you using the color or gel picker?
    Changing color models between cues is still a problem on Hog 3.

Joshua Wood
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Looking at the dmx window on the console (setup,dmx) are you seeing the CMY values fade smoothly or are they jumping?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    If you are using HSI (like with the Colour Picker)....crossfades can be quite ugly! Stick to CMY for crossfades.

Hope this helps:)
  • Phil333Phil333 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I am using cmy, I did auto generate pallettes, but I have not used any of those in the cues. I did not look at the dmx window but visually it does not seem right. it is a bit jumpy. In the cue I fixed it, by putting a delay time on the c flag, bit of a pain, why are they not doing this smoothly and coming in and out the same? as for the white that one is seeing through the change, just cannot happen in a show?
    edited March 2009
    You may have a problem with your fixtures....I do smooth crossfades on the Mac-2ks all the time.

It also might be where you have your values set. For example if you have your cyan in at 50% and you change to magenta at 25% and set them both to move in the same time.....you are going to get something that looks like white inbetween because of the distance to time relationship that you have set......doesn't matter what the console is the results will be the same in this case.

Hope this helps:)
    edited March 2009
    it seems to be worse between cyan and magenta not so bad between magenta and yellow.

the weird thing is, I put the two mac 2000 profiles onto a hog 1000 to see if it was the console software and, the same problem on the hog 1000?
    edited March 2009
    So then it is either a physical problem with your fixtures, or a distance to time relationship issue as I described above.
    edited March 2009
    cue 1 cyan at 100%
    cue 2 cyan 0% magenta at 100%
    5s fade

is this why white is showing?

should I put a 1% delay on cyan in cue 2?

this should get rid of the white?
    edited March 2009
    Phil333 wrote: »
    cue 1 cyan at 100%
    cue 2 cyan 0% magenta at 100%
    5s fade

is this why white is showing?

yes...the flags are both moving the same distance at the same speed/time.....so they are hitting the 50% mark simultaneously which is probably why it appears to be white.
    Phil333 wrote: »
    should I put a 1% delay on cyan in cue 2?

this should get rid of the white?

yes, that is probably the easiest solution.