Two "Device 1" touchscreens?!?!

SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
On an iPC I upgraded to XPe 8.3.0 and 3.0.2. After upgrade I show 2 "Device 1" under the touch screen menu. When I try and Callibrate, the calibration screen comes up on the right screen and the left screen registers a touch. WTF?

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    from the same menu as calibration you simply need to swap the screens so that they are mapped properly....then you can calibrate.

Hope this helps.:)
  • SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Negative, I wish it were that easy. Two "Device 1" means no swapping helps. Swapping 1 for 1 does nothing at all.
    edited March 2009
    Have you tried different USB ports for the monitors?
    edited March 2009
    Yup. swapped ports (even though knowing what I know about USB and it being physical port independent and all) and nothing. Since this problem materialized immediately after I upgraded with no other changes Im assuming that it is software related.

I submitted a support request to High End a couple hours ago. I expect I'll probably have an answer sometime after their offices open in the morning. I'll post the solution for all to see.
    edited March 2009
    I would try XPe v8.2.2, then upgrade iPC Config and H3PC to 3.0.2 and see if this works for you.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Have your tried right clicking and removing both touchscreens and rediscovering?
    edited March 2009
    Removing one of the screens worked. Didn't even had to re-discover. Thanks!