Fine Values

cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
IPC :Version 3.01
Attached : Playback Wing/Monitor/USB keyboard

Hi,
I'm having some issue with some DL2's and an IPC.
Basically I'm getting issues with reliable playback of palettes.
If i program my fixtures with say a pan degree of 91 and replay the cue the position is out.
If i then open the que,que que and touch the encoders i can see the values at 91 degree's?
This is across all fixtures,again if i hold down pig and pan the fixture's i can move at least three movements within 91 degrees which although a tiny amount is massive when your making a collage.

Solutions please.
I've tried running the fixtures to the end-stops and making big movements to try and get the programmer to latch or record values but no luck.

Regards Cormac

Comments

• hercthxhercthx Registered User
    edited March 2009
    sounds like issue might be at the head. Is the dl buttoned down nice and tight, is the yolk path clear of any obstacles (safties, sash, cable,etc). I found that when my collages went out it was usualy due to a loose fixture or a cable blocking travel. did you find a recal on the pan tilt solved things?
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Is it just pan that is not playing back? Are you having this issue with all of your position palettes?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2009
    Hi,
    I'm not having pan and tilt issues but the recall of recorded palettes across the board.
    Updating pallets,merging etc is giving totally random results depending on how the console feels.
    Is this a known software issue with 3.01.

I am not having DL2 problems or at least i don't think i am.
    As per last mail encoder values are not being accuretly recorded into the console.

Regards Cormac
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    If you open the DMX window for the universe your DLs are in, can you verify that the values you are recording and the values you are playing back are indeed different?

If they are not different, then chances are that something is wrong with the encoder. Try checking to be sure that your DL.2 have the dust caps installed on the encoders (the original ones did not have this standard as later ones did). Also try doing a "Motor Calibration" from the fixture's menu....you have to do this at the head as this is not available via CMA.....make sure the fixture is on a solid surface/stable when doing this.

Hope this helps:)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2009
    Cormac,

This issue does not seem to be presenting itself on show files here in our testing lab. Could you please upload us your show file and let us have a look at the merging and updating problems with your palettes and see if we can figure out why positions are not taking.
    edited March 2009
    Hi Chris,
    Ok will do.
    Do you think it is possible i might be seeing
    Bug #7977 and bug #10483 which you have mentioned in another post ?
    I've been trying to narrow it down and have found my DL2 palettes which contain
    ICBF do not like being updated directly and am having to make other pallets which they reference.
    just a thought.

Thank you
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    It is possible you are running into one of the UPDATE bugs....I always adjust my palettes with MERGE personally.

Which method are you using?
    edited March 2009
    Hi Chris,
    you should have a file marked koln (4).
    I have changed type from Mac 700 Spots.
    If you could look at the DL2 cuelists which happen on most pages on
    fader 10.

Regards Cormac