upload dongle

jeeperjeeper Registered User
edited March 2009 in HES Automated Lighting
I picked up a upload dongle on ebay sometime ago. I used it to fix a techno that got messed up after a xload, it worked great!!! now I'm trying to upload some cybers and it dose not seem to see or find them? I've been looking around hes's site and can't find anything about the dongle, I can't even find where I downloaded the software for the dongle? any help?

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    You can't use the upload dongle on cybers, those can only be uploaded from status Q.

Here is a link to the parallel dongle software,
    I found it on the studio color support page.
    http://highend.com/downloads/WinUpdate.msi

Joshua Wood
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I have an old cyber uploader.. never used it and no idea if it works.. welcome to it..
  • jeeperjeeper Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks, I have a dognle and figured while I had some cybers in the shop I would update them, nothing that really needed it for.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Wow...you must have some really old Cybers....I don't think that there has been a firmware update in over 10 years or so for them.

The easiest way to get them up to speed is just to order a new EPROM from HES....swap the chip and then you're good to go!

Hope this helps. :)
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Aren't most cybers really old,
    I have 6 kicking around in my shop, all work well, that were all built around 1997.
    Those old motors lasted forever!
    Now the blade terminals on the power supply board, not so much..
    Just as well with the spring plungers.
    :18:
    Joshua Wood
    edited March 2009
    A few of them are 97's, and so far only 1 bad motor, 2 driver chips and 1 toasted blade cont. So far..............
    edited March 2009
    another dongle question, is the frimware not the same for a studio color 575M and the reg studio color 575? I tried the bin file on from the download page and get a prefix error? the one listed for the M/S is for the S-que.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    No they are not the same....the M & S models are different from the 575 model firmwares.

Hope this helps. :)