CMY Values in Gel Picker

Hi, has it been a recent software revision change that you are no longer able to see the CMY value for the gel picker on the Hog 3. It only shows you Hue and Saturation. I seem to remember before that you were able to touch one of the CMY wheels very slightly after selecting a fixture and then a color out of the gel picker and the CMY values would pop up into the programmer. Now when I touch one of the wheels all of the values go to zero. Does anyone know in what software revision this changed? Also what was the reason for this change?

Thanks
Eric
  • Perhaps you are thinking of the output window? In the output window we show you the mutexed CMY values in grey when you are changing HS values. I don't think we ever showed this in the programmer.
  • I haven't tried it lately so I can't confirm that it hasn't changed.

The function Eric is describing, I believe, is when you have any color mixing fixture in the programmer with values for HS already applied. If you want it to be CMY instead, you just touch one of the CMY wheels and it transfers the HS color into the CMY parameters.
  • I didn't check the output window yesterday, so that may very well be what I was thinking, the weird behaviour that I noticed was that I wasn't able to touch the values to record a palette with CMY values instead of HSI. I feel like I was able to do this before.

I just loaded 3.0.2 and this seems to be fixed now, in the programmer the CMY values are shown if I move one of the wheels slightly.

This has got me thinking about something else as well. I'm not sure if the "buttons" that show what the wheels are doing have a purpose as of yet? But it would be great if when you pressed these it would touch that value in the programmer. Not sure if this has already been requested or if they have another use, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks
    Eric
  • I've been creating a lot of palettes lately using the gel picker to genorate the HSI values and then touching one of the wheels to get over to CMY. Last week when I was doing this, it was working fine and after about 3 or 4 hours every 20th or so palette when I touched one of the wheels for CMY, I got 0 values and other times I wouldn't get any values. I'm looking at them in the programmer.

Today I'm doing more of the same of this and this problem is happening a lot more often, I have to click around the gel picker to other colors, try turning one of the CMY wheels and it randomly seems to give me the values.

I'm using H3PC w/ a programming wing attached. It's software version 3.0.2.

One other possible request that would make this process easier would be to have a setting that you could toggle in preferences to automatically put CMY values in the programmer instead of the HSI, to essentially skip the step of having to touch the values to get them to show up.

Thanks
    Eric
Related