Wireless Remote

rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
More and more frequently I find the need for wireless access to my console. I wonder if a 3PC-remote version with virtual programming wing, command line, wheelset, slot toolbar and access to the control/network/show connection panels could be released to fit on windows enabled devices supporting smaller displays?

Thanks Ross

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Ross,

There are many requests and plans for us to fill. A remote of windows enabled devices/iPhone, etc is among the many requests. As you know you can currently use a tablet PC or laptop running Hog 3PC, but this can be hard to carry in a lift.

We have many development plans for this year, but we will again discuss the remote request as it is an important one.

thanks for your understanding,
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Brad. I know there's a load of other things to keep you all busy other than these requests. The tablet PC is a good option, especially with the rugged versions now on the market. My issue is with the resolutions which for the most part only support 800 x 600.

Thanks Ross
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hey Ross,

Check out this other thread I posted:

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=7498

The display is 1024x768 on these....not large enough to view both windows side by side....but large enough that at least they are not stacked on top of each other to the degree that it is difficult to navigate.
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Marty,

I'll take a look. I had this kind of product in mind http://www.getac.com/products/overview_e100.htm

Regards,

Ross
    edited March 2009
    Those are pretty cool too, but I agree that the 800x600 is too low a resolution to really work with H3PC.

Another advantage apart from the 1024x768 resolution the Motion Computing units have is that you can get them with SSDs as opposed to a traditional HDD.....makes the system faster, and even more resistant to shock as there are no moving drive parts.....the tradeoff is capacity....you only get about 5GB of room with the SSD after the OS and everything.....just fine for most purposes, but something to be aware of.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I did make a request for higher resolution, because I wanted one large screen for all my views. I was going to use my flat screen TV via VGA, but the resalution was slightly too big. I cant quite remember who said it, but they said it was to do with the processing speed being affected.
    edited March 2009
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing here Joe.

We are talking about the actual resolution of the screens of these different computers. On a full H3 desk you can go up to1280x1024 on externals....HD standard is 1920x1080....that might be your issue.
    edited March 2009
    Yes, sorry. I requested that the external monitor resolutions be put up so I can do as I described. However this thread is proving interesting, I am looking into a tablet myself.
    edited March 2009
    If you really want a "portable" system with large screen area, check this out:
    http://www.acmeportable.com/3-LCD-Surround-System/

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this product as an option for a console remote. I am just making a joke within this thread....:cool:

edited March 2009
    bradpepe wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this product as an option for a console remote. I am just making a joke within this thread....:cool:

Is this by any chance because of the check incident..? :D
    edited March 2009
    bradpepe wrote: »
    If you really want a "portable" system with large screen area, check this out:
    http://www.acmeportable.com/3-LCD-Surround-System/

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this product as an option for a console remote. I am just making a joke within this thread...

That's pretty cool actually.....and I love that the top image shows the system running Lightwave 3-D :headbang:
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    I want one!
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    An app for the Iphone would work for me MA have one and there germans
    so Highend should be able to pull it off,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    I know we all ask for it...I, for one, would LOVE the iPhone remote. I just keep waiting. Maybe if I click my heels together.....wait....nevermind.
    edited March 2009
    FYI... there are many iPhones here in Austin at HES.... and many people that would like to see an app for Wholehog consoles... we understand your desires and are currently investigating further.
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    With the 3.0 coming and thats geared to app's I would think you chaps would be able at Highend to knock one those app for the 3 out just like that.
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't recommend developing it straight in V3.0 since the apps cannot be put on the iTunes store until the firmware comes out. But you can start in 2 and then just compile/update it for 3 once it does come out.

But I really think you guys should jump on it and I am glad you are at least looking into it. It is a great platform for this and especially since the iPods are very inexpensive and offer great benefits being multi-touch.
    edited March 2009
    I hope there are a few Blackberry's in Austin as well!
    edited March 2009
    I have been thinking about Blackberry vs Iphone. I want to use my PDA as a WRFU. I dont know which to buy though because if Blackberry wont be supported, I wont buy it but I want a blackberry over an Iphone...
    edited March 2009
    Well if its' going to be like that...don't forget us Palm OS users....I still say we revive Handshake in some fashion! Still runs great on my Treo, but sadly no output hardware will hook up past the now seemingly ancient Palm VII.
    edited March 2009
    I will still use a tablet PC. But will use the Iphone or Blackberry for small jobs because it will live in a pouch on my belt along with my dedicated "touchscreen pen". :D