Submasters

rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
Sorry can't remember if I have requested this before but I would like to asign a master on a wing/miniwing as a submaster for that device.

Thanks Ross

Comments

• AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Are you talking about intensity for a device?
    You can do that by making a group with one fixture and moving that group to a master, creating an inhibitive sub for one fixture.
  • dollerdoller Registered User
    edited March 2009
    hi,
    or you meana groubmaster ?with for example group 1 move to master...?
    greeds dol
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    If it is indeed inhibitors you are looking for....they can be ANY group. Single fixtures, multiples, odds, evens...whatever.

Create your group
    Hold PIG and press the Group MOVE Choose.

The fader will now have a Redline running down the left side that indicates your intensity.

If you mean something else....describe what you want to do...
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    None of the above. I wish to assign a fader on an expansion wing, say fader 1 to act as a submaster for anything contained within the wing, so dropping the fader will proportionately drop anything on the wing, but only on the wing. A GM for the wing if you like.

Regards Ross
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    Ahhh....now I see what you're looking for.

To the best of my knowledge....there is no way to do what you want.

I would say that's a good idea and something I'd like to see incorporated too.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    jxgriffi wrote: »
    I would say that's a good idea and something I'd like to see incorporated too.

+1! :147:
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Good idea.
    In the meantime you can create an inhibitive master with all fixtures acting in the cues that are on the wing. It is less easier but it is working like a wing master.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Steph, think about multiple cuelists, precendeces, prioritys of the console etc... I think alot of what you are saying will clash.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Hi Ross..

This suggestion is already logged as #11051. I have added your request to the thread.