Hog >> Vector or MA?

Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
I will be programming a timecode show and wish to convert it to vector or at the least, MA. It is so a proffesional programmer/LD I know can look at it and play it back, but he is a vector programmer and wont touch a hog after certain issues...

Thanks,

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    There's really no way to convert a Hog show to another console type...

Sorry Joe.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I wasnt thinking it could be done by a normal guy like you or me Jon. I was thinking more by HES. I know they can convert H2 to H3 shows. Just a thought.

Thanks,
  • edited February 2009
    Rather than re-typing, most of what I have to say about show converion is in this thread on LN:

http://www.lightnetwork.com/messages.php?msg=26600.1

Stuff like this is what Hog3PC is for. If truely all you care about is playback, another option would be to record the show to a real time DMX recorder and send it that way.
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Eric.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Or Via the console DMX in, I don't know if this option is on Vector.
    edited March 2009
    Vector does have DMX in. I may try to get myself a DMX recorder and do it that way. Thanks for that Steph! :)
    edited March 2009
    Normaly you could plug the dmx output of the Console X in Dmx input of the console Y without using Dmx recorder.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2009
    Only problem with DMX input that it's good only if you got one universe...converting show using several universes is a real pain.
    I have converted one show from Hog3->Hog2 using DMX in. The show had 4 universes and about 100 cues. Hog2 keystroke macros helped a lot, but timing and FX I had to rewrite.
    edited March 2009
    .wysiwyg { FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } .wysiwyg { FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } I have done the same during 3 days with 7 outputs and many many many ..... cues , that is the bad point but after show is clean and it is easy to make some modifications.
    edited March 2009
    stephlight wrote: »
    .wysiwyg { FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } .wysiwyg { FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } I have done the same during 3 days with 7 outputs and many many many ..... cues , that is the bad point but after show is clean and it is easy to make some modifications.

Yea. I have 1 universe. So its ok. ^^ I assume that is a show file in text form...