how or where to put a rackmount unit in the case of wholehog 3

sonyboysonyboy Registered User
open case and lift off mixer
then take a scalpel and cut out the sponge within dimension of rackmount unit.it fit
p.s. high end could do this instead of separate this two unit

Comments

• SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I'd be afraid of overheating your DP unless you somehow account for ventilation.
  • sonyboysonyboy Registered User
    edited February 2009
    maybe i didn't explain well
    i was thinking about packing not working
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Soneyboy,

All brand new road cases have enough room in them to store a DP8000. Old style cases from HES/FPS should have a slot to hold a DP2000.
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2009
    Do new Hog III consoles come with a DP 8000 instead of the 2k?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Yes...I believe DP-2000 is discontinued entirely now.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Does that mean it will cost extra...?

Regards,
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    As far as I know, DP's have always cost extra.
    every once and a while they have a deal where 1 was included, but these were few and far between.
    J.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Marty Postma;37119 said:
    Yes...I believe DP-2000 is discontinued entirely now.
    I know I'm dreaming (and I love that :D) but as the hog 3 is the flag product and regarding all options that are included in the Full Boar, DP 2000 could be exchanged by DP 8000 (one by console) or a software system to allow 16 Artnet output via a PC or a Hog3 PC could be found (something like a Virtual DP).
    edited April 2009
    You can output Art-Net from 3PC, but you need a DP8K. I think the issues, is that you would then need to be telling your PC thats its ethernet port is outputing Art-Net. But after all, H3PC (In my eyes) is an offline editor. All of the wings, widgets etc are to enable us to program in a studio enviroment with a cheaper option than the console itself. Thats the way I look at it, and if your show has equipment with Art-Net cababilities, then I am sure it should be able to afford a console rather than a PC.

Regards,
    edited April 2009
    I want to use Hog 3 like a (big) Dongle, when a Hog 3 is connected to Hog 3 PC, Hog 3 PC could output artnet, when hog 3 is not connected, hog 3 PC has no artnet output.
    edited April 2009
    I see this issue. The beautiful DP8K would solve that!

Regards,
    edited April 2009
    I sure of that but it is too expensive for the moment and as the FB has 12 universes output via artnet why the flag has 0?
    edited April 2009
    My best guess would be the Hardware. Maybe the H3 hardware doesnt support it..? It has one ethernet port. Really you need two, one for Hog-net and one for Art-Net. Secondly, I think Linux may have something to do with it. After all you cannot USB save. That is a general and basic thing Linux is not allowing us to do. So outputing Art-Net is more complex and maybe it cannot do that. So it wouldn't surprise me if linux was stopping this too.

Regards,
    edited April 2009
    You can't output directly Artnet from the Hog3 because it will slow down the console, you must use an artnet processor or change all the hardware :-)
    edited April 2009
    That would be another reason, yes.