Resume page activity problem

SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
Im having a problem with macros setting pages the way I want them upon change.

You'll have to excuse my lack of exact syntax as I am at home and not infront of my console.

I am using an iPC with 3.0.1 (2425) software

My goal is to have the master fader q1 to play every time I switch to a given page.

I use the Page directory window to capture the activitiy (after doing a Goto Cue 1) to the macro section.

This doesn't appear to be doing squat. If I leave the page, lets say on Cue 5, and come back it does not revert to cue 1 as I would assume the function would provide. Instead, it still shows cue 5 as selected (even though the output does not show anything. Upon pressing Go on the master section, it jumps ahead to Cue 6 as one would assume.

Does this make sense? What am I doing wrong?

Untimatly, I'd like for every page to start with Cue 1 of the master section after I change pages and press go. It's been a while since I've been on a Hog II but I seem to remember it working that way.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Smokey

Comments

• SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited February 2009
    *bump*
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2009
    Two things to check:
    1) Restore Active needs to be turned on for that page in order for the RA macro to trigger. You can check this in the page directory window by looking for the RA icon in the bottom right hand corner of that page's cell
    2) Your RA macro should look something like GL1:1 or GM1:1. You can check this in the page directory as well by doing the list view of the page directory.
    edited February 2009
    I do have Restore Activity Enabled and here's whats in my Macro line "GM1/1:FM1/100"

Again, what Im trying to accomplish is everytime I change to a page I want the first cue in the master section to fire automatically. It is a "ready" cue for each song.

If I change pages using the "next page" button or by entering "Page x [enter]" into the syntax line the page still shows the last cue that was left on in the current page to be next cue when I press play on the master section.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like you got it setup correctly. I also just tested it here and it worked fine as well. Please upload your show file to me using our upload site (upload.highend.com) and I will take a look and see if I can't figure out what is going on here.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like your user prefs need to be changed. Under MISC make sure that the "Page Change Action" is set to "Release All"....otherwise you might be telling the console to keep active cues running when changing pages.

Hope this helps:)
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like your user prefs need to be changed. Under MISC make sure that the "Page Change Action" is set to "Release All"....otherwise you might be telling the console to keep active cues running when changing pages.

Hope this helps:)

Thats a great suggestion. I'll try that tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.
    edited February 2009
    I've looked at your show file this morning. I noticed you are using GM1:1 but there is nothing on master 1. Master 1 is the GM. Which list are you wanting to trigger?
    edited February 2009
    c_muenchow wrote: »
    I've looked at your show file this morning. I noticed you are using GM1:1 but there is nothing on master 1. Master 1 is the GM. Which list are you wanting to trigger?

It looks as though the "Capture Activity" button on the page directory is a little bit developmentally challenged in that it doesn't necessarily "capture activity". Does it just look at the physical location of faders?

I figured out how to accomplish what I want by manually inserting the macro into the page directory, but my assumption that if I changed pages and started a list then the "capture activity" button would capture it... Alas, it does not.

Thanks for your help in pointing out that there was no GL in the macro section.

Smokey
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Smokey,

Capture Activity is working as expected for me. If you go to a page and then play some masters and then press Capture Activity it should record a macro with the current page activity.

You have to have activity on masters on a page and then press the button. It should capture it at that time. If not, please post your exact keystrokes....

thanks,
    edited February 2009
    When I changed to a page and click "choose" on the center faderless section and then click "goto 1 [enter]" then do a "capture activity" on the page directory. and it does not capture the cue start.

But like I said, I worked around it by adding the "GL(cue list number)/(cue)" into the macro for the page. I'd send you my new show file to demonstrate this, but my console is packed up in a truck now.

Again, thanks for making me think about it differently.

Smokey