Hog 3 Macro and List key flashing issue

fragglefraggle Registered User
Has anyone seen anything similar:

Macro and List key LED's flash, without any (aparent reason) and won't stop. Macro key still brings up the "Not implemented" dialog and the List key still opens the list directory.

Can't see any other adverse effects of this, except that the LD gets a little panicy! I've now seen this twice in the last 2 weeks so I can't really correlate the circumstances under which it happens.

Any insights?

F.

Hog3 v3.1
2 x DP2000
1 x ELO touchscreen

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Just a guess... but the front panel flash key LEDs flash when there is a communication problem between the motherboard and the front panel (from memory of another thread). Maybe what your seeing is a slightly damaged cable that is connected to those two buttons... Have you called HES support? Maybe worth a check.

Hope this helps,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    I've seen it a couple of times, but, like you, have never been able to figure out why or how. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I stopped it.

Has never had any effects on playback or programming.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2009
    We have a bug logged for this problem, but have yet to determine exactly the cause. Fortunately it does not cause any problems (other than LD confusion). Hopefully we can track this down and stomp it soon...
  • fragglefraggle Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Gents,

LD is now quite proud he has an official Bug :) I'll update if any further info regarding the circumstances come to light.

F.
  • Rhd1234Rhd1234 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Did anyone determine a solution for this problem yet or is it still being investigated?