LED Pars...

Hi I am currently, running some Cheap LED Pars.

The channel config is as follows:

1 - Red
2 - Green
3- Blue
4 - Some random effect that is never used, so will always be at 0%
5 - Some random effect that is never used, so will always be at 0%
6 - Some random effect that is never used, so will always be at 0%

I am using the Generic >> RGB Personality for it.

This works fine for just generic looks, and simple colour changes, but I want to start adding in intensity chases. The problem here is, when I take the unit to 100% on the desk, all RGB lights come on - obviously, if I select red only the Green and Blue goes off when Red is 100%. But, I can't seen to do decent colour bumps in Effects. I have to put the unit to 100%, so if I do a Red Bump, it goes between Red and 'white', rather than red and 'black'.

I have also tried intensity chases such as Smooth and Fader to 'chase' with the red only on, however, once again the unit comes back 'white' when it does chase.

Can anyone recommend a way (either editing fixtures, or creating new ones) where I can make this work, so that I can put an LED in any colour and put an intensity effect over it?

Cheers
Neil
  • You've VERY close....

Think about it this way:

You have a fixture with a color mixer on top as opposed to just an LED fixture.

If you have a conventional fixture with a color scroll or fader, if you bring the fixture up to 100%, it will come up in white until you give it the color information.

Same thing applies to the LED unit in the Hog. Bring it to full without any color info, brings it up in white. You can take that fixture and apply CMY, HSI, and intensity without changing anything.

To make a "red/black" bumps...put your fixture at Full. Now in the color picker, CMY, whatever you want, select a red color (not using the Red Intensity). Once you have the color you want, select the fixture and type @ 0 (it goes out) and then @ Full (it comes on in Red).

You can then run an intensity chase with that color in the background.

Does that help you out?
  • Thank you very much. It works great :)!

Its a bit odd with it not being a mover, most of the pars I work with have seperate intensity channels, so its done more easily.

Knew it wasn't impossible :)

Cheers
    Neil
Related