Connectivity problems

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
I'm having problems connecting to Wyg R23. (latest version of H3PC and connectivity driver)

Wyg is running on Win XP and H3PC is running on Vista.
Connectivity driver gives a can't get file handle error.

Connectivity works when using the same computer (Win XP), but if I try to use separate computer with H3PC running on Vista, I get the error. Also, I can't get rid of the error unless I shutdown the Vista.
If I remember right I also had to reboot the XP computer.

Comments

• wizardwizard Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Have you shut down all firewalls and network protection software? It might also be a good idea to turn Windows Vista's User control off from the contol panel.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    I think I did, but I will double check things.

I made a test by switching the Vista laptop to a XP laptop and had no problems with connectivity. It worked right away.

But again I had to remind that autofocus just doesn't work very well. When this really gets fixed? Is the reason CAST or HES? The problems with autofocus had been around years...isn't it time to get it work?
    AF doesn't work in Martin 250 Wash, 700 Wash and Spot, VL2500 Spot, VL3500 Spot and Wash...and many more.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited February 2009
    sorry to hijack the thread, but does ESP and light converse have a working AF feature?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited February 2009
    Hi,
    Again new connectivity driver new problems for me.

Console : IPC
    Software v3.0
    laptop : PC XP3
    Error message in wyg live mode/device manager "cannot connect to wholehog III console"

I will give a bit of information

On the IPC console i am using the default IP settings so i get an ip of
    In the DHCP/Boot server section i have enable dhcp and boot server selected.
    Within the network section i see the visualizer,
    status-Running
    used by-empty
    ip 172.31.0.2

On the network connection i am using an ip of 172.31.0.2 using network connectivity driver 2425,
    wyg see's the console as session 172.31.0.1,outputs active.

All Anti-virus programs off
    All Firewalls off
    have re-installed the connectivity driver twice,
    Starting the IPC console first then wyg
    Connecting using a simple unmanaged d-link switch.
    All outputs in wyg bound to the DP

any help appreciated as ever.
    Cormac
    edited February 2009
    sorry to hijack the thread, but does ESP and light converse have a working AF feature?

I don't think so. But I'm no expert. In response to the wyg AF problems, I think that problems is with Cast and not HES, which will explain a lot of things when it comes to it having been around for some time and not beeing fixed.

As for the Vista / XP problem... I tried a similiar setup myself today, and I can get it to work fine both ways with Vista -> XP, XP -> XP and even the slightly more dodgy combination of Vista -> Vista. However, I have deactivated anything that even resembles network control, user control and IP connectivity protection software on the Vista computer.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited February 2009
    Any idea's??
    edited February 2009
    I managed to solve my problem...the reason was the "notsoverywellunisntalling" Norton. After getting rid of that with removal tool I had no problems.

But AF is still an issue...
    edited March 2009
    So, any plans for fixing the Autofocus or is it working well on other people's Wygs?
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited March 2009
    srautane wrote: »
    So, any plans for fixing the Autofocus or is it working well on other people's Wygs?

I think there has also been a problem with this feature. I am pretty sure its a CAST issue. Not Hog, and if it is Hog I am surprised. I plan to start my WYG and 3PC setup soon, so I will report back.
    edited March 2009
    This is definitly a CAST problem yes.