Different page on desk & wing

lekengardlekengard Registered User
Is it possible to just change page on the wing?
And vice-vers?:1zhelp:

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    No...currently, it's one giant canvas.

There is a way to "trick" it per se and that's to use a template page. This is how I keep a standard set of lists on the wing while I do whatever I want on the main desk.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited February 2009
    It would be nice to be able to save any set of 10 faders as a page and then load any page to the desk or wings.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I use Jons Idea of a template page alot. Like a page per song, but still have my main list aswell as the effects or whatever is on the faders. Like alot of things, when you know how it works, you can use it as a powerful tool specific to your show.
  • lekengardlekengard Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I think it could be very useful on oneoffs to only change page on the wing/desk......:p
    edited February 2009
    lekengard wrote: »
    I think it could be very useful on oneoffs to only change page on the wing/desk......:p

Suppose your right really. :cool: Maybe one of the HES guys will pop in and log it for you... If it isnt already.
    edited February 2009
    How would you change an individual page? I have an expansion wing with 4 sets of faders...and 1 "Next Page" button. How would I know WHICH set of faders I was changing the page on?

With just a playback wing, it would be fairly easy to know. But when you move up to the expansion wing with 40 playbacks, there would be no way to know what page any set of faders was on.

Just playing devils advocate....
  • lekengardlekengard Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I guess i would be like the GM2 or Chamsys you change th whole expansion wing.....:poke:
    edited February 2009
    So it would be more of a "page per item" as opposed to page of 10 faders.

I like it....
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited February 2009
    can you please describe the template page?
    edited February 2009
    Page 310 of the current manual describes it very well...

Basically, it allows you to setup a set of faders to be on EVERY page, but not physically live on that page (they live on the template page).

For example, my wing is setup on the template page as follows:

Top Left: Cyc LED effects
    Top Right: Full rig color bumps (2 step cues)
    Bottom Left: Intensity Effects on Faders 1-6
    Bottor Right: Conventionals/Houselights
    My main console is setup as blank on this page.

Now, when it comes time to program/run the show, I ALWAYS know where said effects will be without having to reload them on EVERY page. I fill up the main console with "fader per song" which sometimes will go multiple pages...but I always have my effects, houselights, etc. all in the same place. The few faders that I haven't filled up on the wing generally end up with Inhibitive subs based on the rig (Keys, Guitar, Bass, Drums, BGV's, All Band) that I can play off of during the shows.

Does that help?
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited February 2009
    great... Thanks yet again griffen for your help.. I look forward to trying this on my next gig
    edited February 2009
    I have had a small think about this.. How about an option in the control panel/user preferences "seperate pages for console and wing(s)". Sounds obvious... but when keystroke macros are implemented you should be able to control this on a cue by cue basis, yes? What do you guys think? :)