Teaching Idea

I'm not sure if this idea will make any since, but here it goes.
:rolleyes:
There are many many great and informative posts on this site now, both in Tips and Tricks and other Discussion headings. I continue to see new users join and ask the standard questions. Some of them(us) do search the forums for our answers, but many continue to ask questions, new and old. Here's the idea...What if there was a way to have an image of the Wholehog on the HES site where all the buttons and keys were mapped to a specific forum discussion topic that relates to its function. You could call it a Visual Search.

For example, clicking on the Slash Key would send you to...
forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3702
because there is a great tip on what the Slash Key can do.
  • Scott, I am doing something similar. A student & beginners support pack. Would you kindly tell me some of the common questiosn you see and would like people to know, as you have been here longer. I will put them, and thier answers into the pack. The pack will be avalible from the topic on the tips and tricks forum as well as from my website.

Thanks,
  • Joe,

Where do I begin? Typical first timer questions seem to be about cue building, chases, and effects. Seems like most people, when they get on a console for the first time, want to jump right into making a chase or effect. There are lots of others. If more come to mind, I'll add to this post.
    Obviously, many of the keys and buttons have more than one function. So, those might require multiple links to different discussions. I think a great tip is all the hot key combos, like Open + Backspace and so forth.
  • [quote=barnes2000]want to jump right into making a chase or effect.

With students.. absolutly correct! :p

[quote=barnes2000;34664]
    Obviously, many of the keys and buttons have more than one function. So, those might require multiple links to different discussions. I think a great tip is all the hot key combos, like Open + Backspace and so forth.

I will bear this in mind and try to add in as many as I can, aswell as the other things you mentioned, into the pack.

Thanks,
  • Scott...

Years ago we had an image map of Status Cue on the web that did similar to what you are asking. You could scroll over it and click in areas to learn more about the purpose of that area...

Now we have much more information available throughout the web and forums so this would be more complicated as you described. However I actually enjoy when new people come and ask the same questions.. it gives others a chance to share their knowledge.
Related