B2417 - Artnet settings lost...

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
I have had this issue 2 days in a row now on startup and am very confused...

H3
Exp. Wing
Playback Wing
DP8000
DP2000 (Artnet Mode)

Console upon startup goes through setup and, when finished booting, triggers startup macro without problem. However, there is no console output.

I open the DP8000 window and go to settings and all of the Artnet Settings are reset of default and OFF.

This has happened twice now. Standard shutdown procedures are followed everyday. Yesterday when it happened, the console had been off since Thursday. Today, the console was only off overnight. The DP8000 and DP2000 are not shutdown.

Could this be a fault of a BIOS battery going bad?

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Definately not BIOS battery related. On the HogIII the only thing that the battery does it keep the time of day clock running when the power is off.

Did the DP8000 lose all of its settings, or just the Art-Net portion?

It's possible the failsafe boot was triggered, but that would set everything to default, not just the Art-Net settings.

Please verify that you're running the release version of 3.0.0 and not a beta version. There was an bug that could cause this exact behaviour that fixed very late in the beta cycle.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited February 2009
    Eric,

I am indeed on the release version of 3.0 b2417. I have not upgraded to b2425 yet.

I have, in the past, had the DP8000 itself lose its settings, but not the settings in the console. This time, the DP8K held it's #3 Net number and was outputting DMX (only through the connectors). I knew there was an issue when the DP8K said outputs active and the DP2K (in artnet mode) said "Searching for Artnet."

Opening the Network window for the 8K and selecting Artnet Outputs, all of the boxes were blank (like I had never turned on Artnet before). I had to go through and hit "+" for each of the 8 universes I use and assign each individual Subnet and Universe all over again.

This happened between Thursday and Saturday (console was not used on Friday). And also happened between shutdown Saturday and startup Sunday. I was the one that started up and shut down the system during all of this and nothing out of the ordinary. We have it set for autolaunch on our show.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited February 2009
    Jon

As Eric said bug #12553 had the same behavior that you are seeing. This bug was fixed before the 3.0.0 b2417 release.

I will look into this and reopen the bug if I need to.
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Michael...

I will upgrade to b2425 this week to see if it changes. Like I mentioned before, it hadn't happened until this weekend...and nothing had really changed other than programming in the system.
  • edited February 2009
    Jon, I was able to reproduce the issue you described in version 3.0.1, so upgrading won't help. I submitted item #12696 to cover the behavior you describe.
    edited February 2009
    So...I'll ask the stupid question....

Is there a work around to keep it from doing this that you can see? As it just started this last weekend and I've been on 2417 for a while. I have volunteers running things and having to walk them through Artnet Setup isn't the easiest thing to do on the phone....

Just curious....
  • edited February 2009
    Not a stupid question. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround at this point.

It's rather likely this will get fixed in a patch release, but that's not going to happen tomorrow. The problem appears to be more frequent the more DPs you have. You're the only person who's reported it happening with one DP. With 10 DP8000s, it's fairly easy to trigger.

Is there any way you can use the default Art-Net settings for your rig? Then all the volunteers have to do is touch + on each universe without changing the sub-net and universe.
    edited February 2009
    If it keeps happening, I will probably do that. I'm not looking forward to reconfiguring 48 pathport nodes and the Axon server, but, if it keeps up, I probably will.

Do you think it might help taking the DP2K out of Artnet mode and getting it off the system? Thus relying on just the 8K?

Thanks for the help Eric.
  • edited February 2009
    > Do you think it might help taking the DP2K out
    > of Artnetmode and getting it off the system?

Nope, the DP2000 is unlikely to cause any problems.