External DVI Screen

ckorberckorber Registered User
Hi,

i had this problem in V2.6.0 and it still seems to exist in V3.0.1...

If i'm using a third display with my iPC connected to the DVI-out this display will be used as the second screen. The touchscreen is still working, but when i'm pressing into the left one (normally it should be the second touchscreen), the cursor jumps into the DVI-display... I fixed this problem by using an adapter from DVI to VGA... Is there any other way to solve this problem...?

thanks in advance
Christian

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited January 2009
    as far as I know, this has always been a problem with the PC based desks,
    Including IPC,
    the solution has always been to use the dvi to vga adapter.
    Joshua Wood
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2009
    This should be resolved in 3.0.1 but the fixs requires the latest XPE Image for iPC (8.3.0) which is available on the FPS website.
  • ckorberckorber Registered User
    edited February 2009
    But unfortunatelly i'm not able to install 8.3.0... I only can install 8.2.2 and then update to 3.0.1

Arcus Germany gave me the information that 8.3.0 cannot be installed on older iPC's...?
    edited February 2009
    Arcus is misinformed. XPE image version 8.3.0 can be installed on all model iPCs. The only difference is on certain older models of iPC the DP8000 package (which is needed for upgrading and imaging actual DP8000 units) is not installed during the image process due to low system memory availability. For those iPCs, a special seperate DP8000 installer package is available on the FPS website.
  • ckorberckorber Registered User
    edited February 2009
    So it should be possible to install 8.3.0 if i install the iPC_DP8K_3-0-1-2425.msi first?
    edited February 2009
    No, just do the iPC Restore from CD like normal. If you have a DP8000 then you will need to install the seperate installer after doing the iPC Restore CD.