Show Controler

Kenneth BellKenneth Bell Registered User
edited January 2009 in Misc. Discussion
Anyone have a recomendation on a some good show controller software?

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2009
    What exactly are you trying to control? That will help get going...

There are many solutions depending on what you need to do.
  • Kenneth BellKenneth Bell Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I am trying to decide the best way to control audio play back and lighting from the same location. I am up in the air as to which direction i want to control, lights control audio or audio control lights. I have looked at CSC show control and SFX show control to list a few. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of the different programs and if one is better that the other and why.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I am trying to decide the best way to control audio play back and lighting from the same location. I am up in the air as to which direction i want to control, lights control audio or audio control lights. I have looked at CSC show control and SFX show control to list a few. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of the different programs and if one is better that the other and why.

Have you considered a timecode input into the console? You can then sync lights and audio.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2009
    Kenneth,

If you are indeed just trying to sync lighting with audio, I would look at a SMPTE (or variation of timecode) to sync everything. Lay down a track on your audio source and have it as the master. You should be able to do this with just about any audio program.

If it's "live" audio that you are trying to sync that would get much trickier as there is no underlying source. You could do something as a basic click-track to a musician on one side of a source and SMPTE on the other side of the source.

Basically, you shouldn't need a distinct show-control program to do this.