Trouble with Clock Cues

rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
HI All,

I have been having some trouble with the clock cues trigering macros on my board. What I have been doing is simply recording any where from 4 to 10 blank cues, however many I need, and then writhing macros to trigger the other list or list I want to run. for example:

cue 1 - GL:12 (Lamp ON RIG)
cue 2 - GL:14/3 (Main Warmer)

The Issue im having is while I have no issue writing these cues and watching them fire I'm not seeing any results. the macros are not firing but the > is moving to the next cue and waiting to fire. I have the fader up on my clock cue list so I know thats not the issue or even if that would cause the problem.

Has anyone ever had similer issues?

Comments

• hughlighthughlight Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Ryan,

A cue will not execute a macro unless there is data within the cue.. ie recording a cue when there isn't anything in the programmer or a blank cue as you described.. Another way to tell that a cue is blank or lacks any fixture data is that the fade and delay cells will not have a value and a value cannot be entered.

My personal remedy for this situation is to patch a dummy fixture like a solitary desk channel or scroller. It's patched on an unused universe or in a channel that you know doesn't have anything addressed to it.. that way you can record that fixture into dummy cues to get macros and complex timing triggers to execute.

Hope this helps!

Tom
  • rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Perfect I had a feeling it was something like that but I wasn't sure! Thank you for you quick response and suggestion! This is exactly what I wanted to Know!
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2009
    hughlight, that's not true for there's not need to patch any dummy fixture whatsoever to trigger comment macros. You can record empty cues and use comment macros to trigger a different cuelist, recall a view or anything else you need to do. I reckon rdr_falcon simply forgot to turn the enable Clock soft button on, located in the cuelist upper toolbar. Enable the clock as I suggested (that's something you have to do in your trigger cullist, i.e. the cue list where you have empty cues with comment macro) and remember to open the clock bar as well where you can see all the information you need such as next trigger time, next trigger cuelist, next trigger cue. To open the clock bar push the open button and hold it down and touch the clock button on the toolbar on the left screen. Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
    edited January 2009
    OK so try this one on for size... The dummy channel thing made scene to me so I tried that and it worked on one of my boards but then I tried it on one of my other boards with no luck! Yes the Clock soft key was pressed and the Clock tool bar was open. I can see in the clock tool bar the info changing to the next cue as time passes but its just not trigering the cues! Any Ideas? :confused:
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2009
    what if you trigger your cues manually? does it make any difference? do your comment macros work now? What software you 're working on? It's the show a new one or it was created with an older version?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Ryan,

Can you please send me your show file via http://upload.highend.com this way we can check to see if we can reproduce what you are seeing.

thanks,
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the help Brad I have sent the file to you.

To answer the question asked before all of the cues work just fine if I fire them manually. The board is running 3.0.0 but yes the show was created with an older version.

I am really stumped on this one... The Enable Clock soft key is selected and everything seems to be working fine as far as the timer goes I mean in the clock tool bar I am seeing the cues fire and pass by like they should the cues just are not firing. I have tried both ways that have been suggested to me both patching a dummy fixture and recording a blank cue but still im not seeing any results.

Any Ideas?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Ryan,

I have sent your show on to our testing department and they will report back soon their findings.

thanks
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited February 2009
    Ryan,

We have taken a look at your show file on v3.0 and there definitely does appear to be some issues with your clock triggered cues. Interestingly if we make a copy of the cuelist, then the copy will trigger fine, but once we log off/on the show the copy stops triggering as well. We have looked at this with new show files and do not experience this problem so there is something specific to your showfile that is causing clock triggers fail. What is interesting is the triggers are recognized and advanced by the clock toolbar but not actually fired. We are currently looking into some solutions to get your show file triggering again.
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the help!!! Its good to know that there realy is something going on and its not just me! I look forward to your findings.
    edited February 2009
    I can't really explain this yet, but if you move your clock trigger cuelists 201<207 to list 1, and select insert, then all the clock triggers and the macros on those clock trigger cues seem to start working and keep working even after log off/on. Give it a try. It shouldn't effect anything else in the show.
    edited February 2009
    Well this seems to have only been a short fix. I tried it as you said and I got results for the first few days and now it has gone back to the same old problem. I have tried repeating the process and I will wait and see how long it works for this time! Thanks for the help you have been able to give me so far and any help you can give me now!
  • WarrenKongWarrenKong Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Hi All,
    Has anyone resolved the clock situation. I've got the same problem, but this time I running a HogIII Playback rack mount at an installation. I need the rig to turn on automatically and shut off automatically. I'm 80 minutes away from the rig, and I'm dealling with maintainance staffs and ticket takers, so getting a qualified technician in there to turn it on and off every night is not an option. Also, I'm running (3) DL3's so you can imagine the lamp life I wasting right now.

Can anyone tell me if there is an answer to the problem?

System Specs:
    (3) DL3's
    (1) Hog 3 Playback Rack Mount (Latest firmware downloaded)
    Programming was done on a Hog 3 PC with the latest software.

Help!
    Warren
    edited March 2009
    Warren,

Please upload your show file to us at upload.highend.com and we will take a look and see why your clock triggers are failing. It's possible it is suffering from the same problem but we want to make sure to diagnose it correctly.
    edited April 2009
    Bug #12695 was logged to deal with failing clock triggers in the situations mentioned in this forum. This issue has now been resolved in v3.0.3 b2452 which was released yesterday (4/1/09).
    edited April 2009
    Thank You for this info it is great to hear!