ecessive current draw on Cyber cx

Got a question or a riddle for you shop guys. I have 18 total cyber cx's, 8 of them from one source and the others from various places. We have been fiddling with the set of 8 that were all out of the same club install and have had a problem with excessive current draw. The book says they should draw about 6-7 amps per leg of 240 and the other lights we have draw about 6-7 amps per leg. However after noticing the cables getting hot, we put an amp clamp on the lights I got from the guy with the set of 8 and they are pulling about 15-18 amps per leg. Between 2-3 times what they should be drawing. So I assumed they had the jumper for the voltage in the wrong position and I looked at the jumper for the wiring to the power transformer and it is on 60 hz and 208 volts. Now it seam to me it should be on the 240 volt jumper with single phase however all the lights we have bought are on the 208 jumper so I didn't change it until I get some advice. In other words the set of 8 are wired just like all the others but they are pulling 3 times the current. I ruled out a fluke problem with just one fixture if all 8 of them are having the identical symptoms. Got any idea's?
Related