Issues with the forums, displaying wrong informtaion/links.

Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
edited January 2009 in Misc. Discussion
Hi all,
This is nt the first time I have noticed this sort of problem. The first one is that of the forum showing the wrong times of the most recent post.

In the topic "poll:Wholehog 4". The last post was by Matthew Tweddle. 1 day ago. (PS 2) However the "face" of the forums say it was 21 minutes ago. (PS 1)

Also I am shown as the last post in the topic "Art-Net and Hog Net", however, on the forums homepage of I click my name,(PS 3), I expect for another explorer window to open showing my profile. It opens Matthew Tweddles instead... (PS 4)

Is this just me, or are there problems here...?

Comments

• SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Joe,

We get a fair number of spam postings that we delete as we catch them. That can result in forum and thread activity that doesn't track with what you actually see.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    OK, that explains it. I report alot of spam, it is very annoying. Thanks Scott
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Tell me about it!

The forum software is over due for an upgrade. The newer versions have more countermeasures in place for dealing with spam.

I'm hoping to find the time to do an upgrade within the next month or so.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Thats good to hear!
  • edited January 2009
    The "last post" time on polls is the last time somebody voted, so you'll frequently see those bump to to the top of the list even when there's no new messages.