Hog 1000 help. phone help, any help please!

Hello. I am a new user to the Hog 1000 and am having some issues. I have taken over a board with a bunch of preset things in menu banks etc, some preset groups and palettes. I have read the manual several times but am still having issues with a few things. Apparently my bosses do not want me to repatch any lights as they have things set in a way that works for them. I have three main questions.

First off: I have a 2 cue sequence on fader 1 that seems to work fine. Its just a wash with conventional lights, four mac 500's with yellow gobos projecting at the 12, 3, 6, 9 oclock postions( I'm working in a theatre in the round). When I pull down fader 1 and slide up fader 2 the yellow gobos are still there even though I have pressed play on fader 2 to start the cuelist. They do go away when I get to cue 2 on fader 2 but I think they shouldn't even be coming up in the first place. I'm thinking this is a tracking issue, or is it something I am doing or not doing within the programmer?( I may be wrong) but cannot figue out why the 500's appear to be ghosting those gobos over the 2nd fader.

My second issue has to do with grabbing fixtures and creating a group. First off there is a group labeled "all 500's", which when accesed pulls up all six of our Mac 500's. Some of the macs come up in an open white with gobos and 2 or 3 come up in purple. I want to know how I can set all 6 mac's to have the same ICFB parameters. I have tried to grab all fixtures and set all parameters for ICFB, then record that into my group labeled "all 500's" but it is not working.

Finally, we have 6 Clay Paky Stagelight 300's that seem to be stuck in strobe mode. I grab all fixtures, set intensity to full, and see them start doing a bad bally/strobe effect. When I pig+beam the only feature I can access is intensity level on the encoder wheels. No pan, tilt, colours etc. How do I get control of these things and get them to stop strobbing and pointing at the sky??

Any help will be appreciated. My job is on the line here as we have Mcoy Tyner coming in for a show on Saturday, which leaves me tomorrow to program and figure this out. Even better, if you are avaliable or willing to do help over the telephone, I'd gladly give you a call and maybe we can work on it that way. A HUGE THANK YOU in advance to anyone that can lend me a hand here.

Thanks- Phil
  • Hi Phil,

1. The fader is only an intensity master, if you just pull down fader 1 but don't release the cuelist, then you've only taken out the intensity for those lights. You would need to release this fader for all of the attributes to be released. It is normal for you to see fader 2 take control of the attributes when you run cue 2 in fader 2 because it is asserting those values to fader 2 and "stomping" on them from fader 1.

2. Groups only store a multiple fixture selection, not any attributes for them. You can make a position, color or beam pallete, that stores all of the lights attributes. Just press Use I, F, C or B to select what you want to put into a particular palette. By default a position palette only stores position info, etc.

3. It sounds like you are using the wrong profile for these fixtures, since they are exhibitting this strange behaviour. Also is your patch correct?

Hope this helps.

Eric
  • Hey Eric, Thanks for the reply. A couple of other questions pop up to your response. First when you say release the cuelist, are you meaning that I have to pause it or let it play through it's cues, or both? Second, when I enter my groups screen...I see at the bottom options for "use I, F,C,B", which I assume I'll want to select to get that group to have those attributes. So for example, if I wanted to set all my Mac 500's to Full Intensity, 0 focus, white....I have to make those selections then record that into whatever group number I am using for my mac's. Is that right?

As far as the Clay's go. I'm not sure about the profile. I believe they are patch correctly, although as I stated I have no idea what the guy before me did or didn't do. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I just haven't had that much practical experience and really only 5 days worth of figuring out the Hog1000 on my own. Thanks again.
  • [quote=Philbo]Hey Eric, Thanks for the reply. A couple of other questions pop up to your response. First when you say release the cuelist, are you meaning that I have to pause it or let it play through it's cues, or both? Second, when I enter my groups screen...I see at the bottom options for "use I, F,C,B", which I assume I'll want to select to get that group to have those attributes. So for example, if I wanted to set all my Mac 500's to Full Intensity, 0 focus, white....I have to make those selections then record that into whatever group number I am using for my mac's. Is that right?

As far as the Clay's go. I'm not sure about the profile. I believe they are patch correctly, although as I stated I have no idea what the guy before me did or didn't do. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I just haven't had that much practical experience and really only 5 days worth of figuring out the Hog1000 on my own. Thanks again.

A cuelist can either be set to automatically release when it ends, or you can manually release it at any time. The other option would be to edit cue 1 on list 2 to have the correct gobo infomation, and then it would stomp cuelist 1 when you fire it . . . right now it has no gobo information, so cuelist 1 persists due to the rules of LTP, since cuelist 1 is still active.

- Tim
  • The Clay Paky fixtures may have Intensity and Strobe functions on the same channel. 0-50 will be Intensity, 51-100 will be strobe. If you select the lights but do not press @ FULL. Instead use the encoder wheel to set the Intensity value.

In order to get control of the colors or pan and tilt etc on the enocer wheels you will need to select the lights, then press the appropriate button to get the parameters on the encoders. There are buttons labeled FOCUS, COLOR, and BEAM which will bring these parameters onto the encoder wheels. You may have to press BEAM more than once to toggle through all of the different Beam parameters.
Related