H3PC not behaving

Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
v3.0.0 (b2417)
Windows vista home premium
2.00ghz CPU
4GB RAM
150 GB HDD
256MB dedicated graphics

I start a new show on 3PC. The server starts and the DP8 process etc load. At this point both the start up screens disapear.. normal. Then usually it will come up with primary and secondary screen and the front panel. But before it can it comes up with class fps::exception. I press ok. H3PC close. I let it "clear up" for 30 mins, and it still says "another instance of H3PC is running on the computer." I cannot start with out a computer restart.

This shouldnt be...

*EDIT: WASTE OF POST, I KNOW THIS IS DUE TO BE FIXED IN THE V3 PATCH.*

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Joe,

You shouldn't need to restart. H3PC sometimes takes a while to clean up after itself if you close it and then reopen it.

If you have recently exited H3PC, simply open your task manager and kill any "xxxxxxxx.win-32-golden.exe" processes as these are all related to H3PC.

Then close your task manager and you should be able to reopen H3PC.

Hope this helps:)
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I know I shouldnt need to restart. This is what annoyed me. I killed all of the processes, however it still wouldnt run H3PC again.. Either way, I could understand upto 5 mins for a clean up, but 30-40 is just taking the mickey!
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    If you are trying to kill Hog 3PC in the task manager, the best option is to find the "launcher-win32-golden.exe" and right click on it. Then select "End Process Tree". This will ensure all components of Hog 3PC are ended.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I can see what you both mean about killing the processes, as I have done it before. I am patient when it comes to software.. however..40 mins to clear up... Is that not too long? :dunno:
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Joe,

Time is not the matter here... I don't think that you closed all processes related to Hog 3PC, thus the reason it would not allow it to run again. This is why I suggest using the "process tree" method on the launcher as it will close all components. Then Hog 3PC can be started again right away.