after upgrade to 3.0.0 - cannoct connect to wysiwyg

EH-dbluxEH-dblux Registered User
i just updated my Hog3 PC to version 3.0.0, but when i open the wysiwyg Perform, the DP window pops up as usual, but it doesn't locate and see the hog server/network.

anybody got an idea? i need it to get running FAST :-)

best regards
Emil

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Make sure all your firewalls, anti-virus, ssytem scanning software, etc if OFF.

Then "Disable" ALL other network connections that are not being used. This will force WYG to bind to the proper network adapter.

Hope this helps.:)
  • EH-dbluxEH-dblux Registered User
    edited January 2009
    hi marty.. thanks for your reply.

all of the firewall, antivirus etc. stuff is off - and has allways bin.. its a dedicated hog/wyg machine. and the network is setup just as when i ran on just 2.6.? all i did was installing the 3.0.0 software. is there anything i need to configure in the hog/wyg, to connect to the server after update?..

i talked to 2 different users, who also updated, but didn't get this problem.

best regards
    Emil
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Emil,

You shouldn't need to update anything.

What version of WYG?
    XP or Vista? (Mac Bootcamp or native PC?)

The problem is almost always with WYG. Since there is no user control over which network port WYG will attach itself to, you have to give it no other options by disabling all but one network adapter.

Also make sure that H3PC is up and running and patched before launching WYG, and make sure that the "AutoConnect" function is disabled.

Hope this helps :)