Console Crash

HoltiHolti Registered User
Hello, I have a Road Hog Full with software 3.0. With put in of a new Fixture falls the Console. Then only an announcement comes the pig on both screens comes. With a new attempt the announcement the Fixture did not come there can be added. Short time later the left screen has gone out. Only with switch off of the Console one could repair the problem.
here a few photos from problem. Sorry for the bad quality, I had only one mobile phone.

Nice greeting Marc

1704990.jpg

1704991.jpg

1704992.jpg

1704993.jpg

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    So had you made a fixture on the console then tryed to add it to the show? Or had HES made you one and you where trying to add it into the current show? Also what fixture was it?
  • HoltiHolti Registered User
    edited January 2009
    I have tried to lay a new device in and have tried to edit an available device. Both led to the crash. From High End I still have none library for the devices. Have, however, post here stand for the device.

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=7041
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Holti,

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to add a fixture from the fixture builder? At what point in the process do you see this error. Can you provide the exact keystrokes?

thanks,
  • HoltiHolti Registered User
    edited January 2009
    1 Step

push the Fixture Builder Button

2 Step

push Ok

3 Step

create new button

4 Step

Channel Count : 7 CH

Model Name: Laser

5 Step

Function select:
    Gobo
    Gobo2
    Unused
    Unused
    Zoom
    PAN
    TILT

6 Step

DMX Value for every channel 0-255

7 Step

Real World

1 open
    2 open
    3 -
    4 -
    5 100%
    6 180°
    7 180°

8 Step

build type

After I press the build type button the first error message came and short time later the pigs were there. With the second attempt error messages also came again and then the left screen has become black.

I have tried it over again with version 2.6.0 on my PC and there it functions. With 3.0.0 on my Console not.

thanks
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2009
    Marc,

It is probably related to the known Builder problem being worked on.
    http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=6992

I'm sure Brad will investigate to see how they are related.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    ChrisTall wrote:
    Marc,

It is probably related to the known Builder problem being worked on.
    http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=6992

I'm sure Brad will investigate to see how they are related.

Suppose it is possible.. but people that have had the problem with not being able to add the fixture to the scheduale havnt had crashes.. However I do agree that it could be connected, it is far too much of a conisendence. Maybe it is a case of what type of fixure is built...?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Thanks Holti for the repro steps. We will indeed look further into this today...
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited January 2009
    Test has confirmed reproducability of this fixture builder issue on v3.0.0 release software. This issue has been resolved as part of bug #12629 in our current internal testing for our upcoming v3.0.1 patch which should be released very very soon.