WHIII Some requests..

Firstly.
Be able to drag things like pallettes and lists etc in directorys. E.G if you want page 1 in the position of page 3 you could hold your finger down on the page 1 with the gaurd button pressed, (but the new "move" button pressed also), and just drag your finger across the screen.

2nd.
Not sure whether this would come under "save console enviroment" but..
Be able to change the playback buttons on a cue by cue basis. E.G cue 1, flash button = flash, cue 2 flash button = tap tempo (when implemented), cue 3 flash button is "GO", cue 4 flash button goes back to flash. Things like page change options could change on a cue by cue basis, but have a default. (like the timing has a default in "preeferences")

lastly.
This is a suggestion for a wholehog 4 :D .
Built in media server. The console can be used (with powered ethernet) to supply DMX, CMA capabilitys and power down the one cat5/6 cable. Also if the console is the media server also then you can view, change content etc. I know this will effect console reaction speeds etc, but by the time the H4 is released (asuming there will be one) you will be able to put in a TB HDD and things like 1GB graphics, 1000BaseT ethernet, and dual quad core processors all for the same price as the current hog.

Thanks for reading,
Joe
  • Hey Joe....Happy New Year.

[quote=Joe Bleasdale]Be able to drag things like pallettes and lists etc in directorys. E.G if you want page 1 in the position of page 3 you could hold your finger down on the page 1 with the gaurd button pressed, (but the new "move" button pressed also), and just drag your finger across the screen.

Not a bad thought, but I find it much easier and faster just to type the moves in via the command line.

[quote=Joe Bleasdale]Not sure whether this would come under "save console enviroment" but..
    Be able to change the playback buttons on a cue by cue basis. E.G cue 1, flash button = flash, cue 2 flash button = tap tempo (when implemented), cue 3 flash button is "GO", cue 4 flash button goes back to flash. Things like page change options could change on a cue by cue basis, but have a default. (like the timing has a default in "preeferences")

This will come when keystroke macros are implemented.....you wll be able to fire a macro that goes in and changes the key behavior if you like via comment maco.....simply put you will be able to add a comment macro to the cue that fires a keystroke macro.

[quote=Joe Bleasdale]This is a suggestion for a wholehog 4 :D .
    Built in media server. The console can be used (with powered ethernet) to supply DMX, CMA capabilitys and power down the one cat5/6 cable. Also if the console is the media server also then you can view, change content etc. I know this will effect console reaction speeds etc, but by the time the H4 is released (asuming there will be one) you will be able to put in a TB HDD and things like 1GB graphics, 1000BaseT ethernet, and dual quad core processors all for the same price as the current hog.

This has been long debated, but I personally feel strongly that this should never be done....a media server should always be separate from the console. This is exactly what makes the H3 architecture so much stronger than all the others....you network a whole bunch of different pieces together (DPs, Visualisers, other desks, tablets, etc.....) to make one very powerful system b/c every "node" has its' own processing and doesn't drain the system of resources as you expand it.

What should be developed (and I have a hunch that it is already underway) is a bi-directional communication protocol to communicate with media servers as well as fixtures......I expect this will happen when RDM is standardized.

I'm sure whenever the next generation of consoles is developed the latest hardware will be designed into it....don't forget about SSDs....they have come a long way and are now far better than traditional HDDs in every way barring storage capacity.

Hope this is helpful:)
  • I expect this will happen when RDM is standardized.

Actually, RDM has been standardized and was officially released as a public standard about 2 years ago.
  • You are correct of course Scott....."standardized" is the wrong term....."widely implemented" is more accurate.;)
  • Just found out that my drag and drop suggestion is logged as #9282.
  • Is there anywhere we can read about things FPS wants to improve the WH3 desk with?

Id like to know how far we are from USB backup, and how long we must look at the ugly ZIP drive :-)

It could also just be nice to know what the future holds at WH3.

Johnny
  • [quote=Cmy.dk;35492]Is there anywhere we can read about things FPS wants to improve the WH3 desk with?

Id like to know how far we are from USB backup, and how long we must look at the ugly ZIP drive :-)

It could also just be nice to know what the future holds at WH3.

Johnny

I'm sure there are timelines, but HES wont disclose them to the public.. the forums are public... So I would just wait and see or contact them directly.
Related