Fixture Builder Error

hughlighthughlight Registered User
Hey guys... Just ran into this problem: After I've completed building my fixture in the builder and click 'Build Type' an error thats says 'Failed to add type to database' pops up..

I tried it on a few systems and came up with the same error. I also tried building a fixture in a new show without luck.

I got around the issue for this show but I just though I'd let you guys know.

Tom

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited December 2008
    As far as I am aware, this logged. If it is the same bug I am thinking of, which I think it is. Brad says it will be fixed in the next patch just after the new year. Like I say, a known bug.. ohh btw how did you "get around it"?
  • hughlighthughlight Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for the speedy reply! Looking forward to the update.

I was editing a custom scroller fixture with color slots for the frames that I had. I just wound up using the generic scroller dimmer.

Tom
    edited December 2008
    No problem! Yea using the two patch points is usually the best option or getting HES to make the fixture for you. I got my head round the patch point thing after the third read of the manual, LOL! :D . Not sure when the update is due out, just new year at some point. Should be good.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2008
    hughlight wrote:
    I was editing a custom scroller fixture with color slots for the frames that I had. I just wound up using the generic scroller dimmer.

How many slots did you put in?....I ran into/found a bug a few years ago that limits the number of slots you can put into a profile.....20 if I remember correctly....but the Builder app let me build it anyway.....just missing the extra slots.
    edited December 2008
    Marty,

The fixture just had 16 frames for a Wybron Forerunner...

Tom
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2008
    there's a workaround if you want to use a custom fixture that is using hog 3pc 2.6 to build it. then merge your new fixture into your 3.0 show. that's it. Hope this helps
    Marco
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2008
    I'm seeing an issue here were it (fixture builder) claims to have successfully built the fixture and added it to the library but is not shown in the user created list so can't be used!

Ross
    edited December 2008
    Ross, like I said earlier, this is logged. HES say it is high priority for the next patch. :D. I'm sure we will see a fix for it soon.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    All,

As Joe has said we are aware of the problems with v3.0 and fixture builder and hope to have a patch out soon.

thanks,
    edited January 2009
    Thanks Brad!
  • rodbelampyrodbelampy Registered User
    edited January 2009
    bellons wrote:
    there's a workaround if you want to use a custom fixture that is using hog 3pc 2.6 to build it. then merge your new fixture into your 3.0 show. that's it. Hope this helps
    Marco

I am trying to use this workaround, however when I try and merge the show with the personality created in v2.6 it does not display my 'user created fixture' to allow me to merge it into my v3.0 show.

Can anyone help me??

Any news on how long till the bug with this fixture builder bug is fixed??
    :1zhelp:
    edited January 2009
    I remember Chris saying in a recent post that the v3 patch has a release date very soon. Hold on in there!
  • bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2009
    Hi Rodbelampy. You should simply load your show in hog3pc 2.6, build your fixture and eventually go back to your desk. Remember that showfiles are backwards compatible. In case you're using a real dp8000 or a virtual one, remember to clone your fixtures to as many dp2000 as needed otherwise you won't be able to load the show.
    Hope this helps
    Marco
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2009
    rodbelampy wrote:
    I am trying to use this workaround, however when I try and merge the show with the personality created in v2.6 it does not display my 'user created fixture' to allow me to merge it into my v3.0 show.

Make sure you have added the number of fixtures you want using this new profile before merging....the current bug does not allow you to see the user created profiles, so have to have them in a show before merging to get it to work.

Hope this helps:)
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Version 3.0.1 has been released today and it fixes the problem discussed in this thread. Please download version 3.0.1 and install to correct this problem.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with this bug. We did our best to get the release out as quickly as possible.
    edited January 2009
    Thanks Brad, the update works like a charm!

-Tom