Printer Port for Hog 500???

Just curious. Does anyone know anything about the printer port and is there any use for it? Secondly, is there anywhere to buy memory for this console online?

Thanks,

Mike
  • [quote=mikelly]Just curious. Does anyone know anything about the printer port and is there any use for it? Secondly, is there anywhere to buy memory for this console online?

Thanks,

Mike
    Can't tell you about the printer port, other than to say that I don't think that the H2 OS ever supported it . . . but if you are looking for the show memory expansion, Jameco Electronics (www.jameco.com) has the specific parts that were recommended to me by Jands - the 628512LP-70. Here is a link:

www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jameco_page=42&langId=-1&productId=157358&catalogId=10001&freeText=628512LP-70&storeId=10001&search_type=all&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

Oh, and you will need four pieces . . .

There is a Jands TechNote on installation, number TBJLT070, but basically the procedure is to install the four chips, set dipswitch #2 to on, and perform a clean start on the console.

I have run these parts on my Hog 500 and Hog1000 for over three years with no issues whatsoever . . . and considering that Jands Inc. instructed me to use these parts, I don't think you can possibly go wrong . . . .

- Tim
  • Tim,

Thanks for the info. I have the Jands Tech manual for this machine, so I'll go through that. Thanks for your time and expertise.

Mike
  • [quote=mikelly]Tim,

Thanks for the info. I have the Jands Tech manual for this machine, so I'll go through that. Thanks for your time and expertise.

Mike
    I have the tech manual as well, although I don't recall if it discussed adding the memory or not. I do know that I was unable to find the part information there, and had to contact Jands directly . . . Oh, and the tech bulletins are on the Jands web site as well in case you should decide to review it.

In any case, you should be good to go!

- Tim
Related