Blue screen

Ok, I know Brad thinks the Road Hog is indifferent to me, but today's behavior definitely supports the notion that it hates me. I do think the board dislikes me at the very least.

It's showtime, so I arrive at call time and power up the Road Hog. I then power up the moving lights and check that everything is working. I create a one-cue cuelist and attach it to a fader as an HTP submaster. My show is already attached to another fader. I then put the board in cue-1. Everything is fine, so I leave the board and go backstage. While I'm gone, about ten minutes later, the board blue-screens. Nobody had touched it for 10 minutes as it sat in the preshow cue. I had to reboot and then it worked ok through three shows. The preshow cue has no effects or changes or any kind.

Why did it crash? What caused this anomalous behavior? Did it get lonely because I left the booth? Was it annoyed with me? I have always treated it very kindly. Since I did almost nothing after power on, I am at a loss to know what caused this. Is there something in the sequence of initialization? What do people normally do to make sure this doesn't happen? Or maybe this doesn't ever happen to anybody but me. Does the board need repair?
Related