Hog 3 Wings in Rack Shelves

I am thinking of building a double-wide rack for my Hog3PC setup (programming wing, playback wing, superwidget, 2 x 17" Elo touchscreens, keyboard, etc.) and I want to put the wings on pull out shelves (one in each rack). The touchscreens would mount (with Vesa mounting) in 3U rails that allow the monitor to tilt once extended. However, I have not found an obvious way to secure the wings in the drawers for travel. There is not any mounting holes in the bottom of the wings. One option is to use the "clamping" rack shelves to keep it from sliding around but that does not really secure them very well for travel.

I seem to recall a thread about a similar topic sometime back but could not find it via search. The thought of making my own mounting holes in the wing bottoms does not seem right. Has anybody done something like what I am trying to do or have any ideas on how to pull it off?

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne
kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
  • Why dont you just get a HOG box. One of the members on here invented it and sells them I think. Can remember who though. Im sure he/she will pop their head into this thread.
  • Joe,

I looked at the Hog Box but I wanted to include the PC, UPS, touchscreens, switch, etc. in one case. I still want to be able place it on a table and use it like the Hog Box. I am thinking about a side by side rack setup of 12U each with all the wiring done. The bottom of the case would be minimal depth -- just enough to hold the latches and give enough stability. This should only cost me 2-3U of vertical space. If the weight is not too high I was thinking about have recessed wheels on the left side and a pull out handle on the right. The case would have the usual handles and on the sides and ends. Once set in the proper place the lid would be taken off, DMX cables and power hooked up, monitors & wings slid out and be good to go. There would also be feet on the bottom of the case to level it out so it won't rest on the recessed wheels. At 12U the resulting equipment and rack should not be too tall to look over the top.

Thanks,
    Kevin Montagne
    kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
Related