Selecting Buddy groups

dwp-avdwp-av Registered User
Just throwing this out there, maybe there is a way to do it now, if so, please inform me...!

What would you guys think about using, let's say, 'pig' + 'next' or 'back' to cycle through fixtures that are buddied together. For example, you have 6 lights in the programmer, with a buddy size of 2. When you press 'pig'+'next' it selects the first 2 lights (the first buddy group). Hit it again, it selects the next buddy group and so on and so forth.

When having groups w/ a particular selected order I may find this very useful for quickly moving around in the group. Let me know what the rest of you think, and like I said, if there is a way to do this, I'm all ears!

Comments

• snowmansnowman Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Chris, that would make changing things around so much easier!

I do all my HOG work in what amounts to a TV studio with a little bit of color parcans and wash lights for effect. Every so often (about once a month) the senior editor/camera director/main person behind the program wants the front wash changed. Its nothing too drastic but it would be handy to able to cycle through groups like that!
  • dwp-avdwp-av Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Anyone else see value in this? I personally would love to see it implemented...
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2008
    Great users with great ideas! This is logged as feature request #5158 and I have added your plea to the report.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I love this idea!
    It could be interesting to have with this function an option to invert pan, tilt or both for half of the selection (not talking about fan).
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2008
    stephlight wrote:
    I love this idea!
    It could be interesting to have with this function an option to invert pan, tilt or both for half of the selection (not talking about fan).

Sure maybe Pig+Flip could invert the Pan and/or Tilt.
    edited December 2008
    I was thinking about something like two button "Half invert Pan" and "Half Invert Tilt" in the Grouping and Buddying toolbar that we could enable or disable. We then use a single hand, the other may serve for Fine, Next....
    edited December 2008
    I guess it's not really possible for pan/tilt invert info to be stored in cue information vs. a global setting for the fixture...? I've always thought that would be handy...
    edited December 2008
    I think it's already be asked but I'm not sure: a place to save grouping and buddying groups or groups with grouping and buddying parameters.

Thanks
    edited March 2009
    Just bumping this thread b/c I've ran into another situation where this feature could be real handy, and I'm not sure if this has been logged as an enhancement...? Do we have access to ideas that have been logged as enhancements somewhere on the site?
    edited March 2009
    No The HES Team is the only guardian of the List!

But the last point should be added to request #5158
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Steph,

Actually your last point about storing grouping and buddying is logged in bug #9213 which is about buddying by group. Although not exactly the same, it can be part of the same request.
    edited March 2009
    Thanks