2 Hog3 and 2 dp2000 network problem

Ilya PiotrovksyIlya Piotrovksy Registered User
Hi. I had strage problem yersterday.
I had 2 Hog3 and 2 dp2000 network problem. When i recorded a cue my group masters become frozen or dropped to zero or become 100%. Other was fine
When i discinected 1 desk - show worked fine.

Comments

• d.pendletond.pendleton Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Were your nework devices given unique console numbers and IP addresses? - Seems like you may have had 2 duplicates running. Removing one of these devices would have resolved the conflict.

Console number is set on "settings" menu at boot screen, prior to loading show. DP is set using front panel controls.
  • Ilya PiotrovksyIlya Piotrovksy Registered User
    edited December 2008
    i know, but i have separate numbers
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Are the port number settings correct?
  • d.pendletond.pendleton Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Did you disable "Run DHCP Server" on the network settings of one of the consoles? - Only one console can be the server, (assuming they're all working on the same show) - If not, both desks will have had the same IP address within the network.
  • rdr_falconrdr_falcon Registered User
    edited February 2009
    OK so im a little new to networking but I have a good understanding of how it all works. That said I am trying to network:

1 Hog 3 (Show Server)
    1 Hog3PC (Remote)
    2 DP 2000's

I have been running the hog 3 with the DPs over an ethernet switch for awhile now and they have been working fine. Now however I am trying to add a laptop with Hog3PC so I can use it as a wireless remote. I have added a wireless router to my network via the ethernet switch and disabled its DHCP funchion so that the Hog 3 was still asigning the IP addresses. The 3PC software is running on the same port and is being assined an IP address from the server just fine but it cant find the concole to log into as a client. I have made sure the laptop is not running its show server and I have changed its concole number to 2 but still no luck. Anyone have any Ideas????