HP Touchsmart PC

prmuchaprmucha Registered User
I was browsing Best Buy the other day, and I noticed they finally had an HP Touchsmart to fool around with. It looks like it's a great touchscreen computer that could work for the Hog Platform. Realistically, it's a 21" (or 25") touchscreen which normally would go for at least $1000, but has the computer built in too. The computer starts at $1300 for integrated graphics. The next version up has a 256 mb graphics card for only $1500. In my opinion that's a steal for a touchscreen desktop computer. I think it could be great for the Hog PC market when 3.0.0 comes out Vista ready.

What do you think? :hogsign:

Comments

• quinnquinn Registered User
    edited November 2008
    prmucha wrote:
    I think it could be great for the Hog PC market when 3.0.0 comes out Vista ready.
    the TouchSmart series has some excellent price points, this is very true.

but the series's inception is more in-line with applications targeting "Windows 7".

also, be sure to check out Dell's Latitude XT
  • prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Well, I know about the Latitude line as well as other tablets, I'm just talking primarily here about a desktop type unit. Really, I know a tablet will work, but for the screen size, an XPS one or HP Touchsmart are great options. That's really all I was going for.