Assert Cuelist Over Related Fixtures/Attributes in Programmer

The ability to do what I am describing may already be possible but I could not find it via looking through the manual or a search on this forum. It would be nice to have an option that allows a given cuelist to be asserted over the attributes in the programmer. By this I mean if this option is enabled when asserting the cuelist it would knockout of the programmer any of the fixtures/attributes that occur in the asserted cuelist's current cue. To take this a step further it would cool to have macro commands that would knockout fixtures and/or single attributes of a fixture.

This came up in a show this past weekend where I was busking. I had created a decent amount of programming in "parts" that were stored on the masters across several pages as a start for the show. I would use these to create a lot of different looks. However, sometimes during the show I would change some of the attributes of several fixtures to create a different look that seemed to match the music better. Then I would want to "assert" a cue in a cuelist over the programmer's attributes. I know this can be done by selecting the right fixtures and/or the appropriate attributes. However, if several different fixtures (e.g. some washes and some spots) have had their attributes modified I am not very fast at just knocking out the attributes I want. By creating a cuelist with the macros that would do the appropriate knockouts then I could just go to the appropiate cue to do what I wanted with the appropriate timings.

Thanks,
Kevin Montagne
kevin (at) litkam (dot) com
Related