Weird Hog3PC Behavior

I'm experiencing a weird problem with my Hog3PC 2.6.0 Build 2071. I know that previous versions of the software would not allow you to run it, close it, and run it again without a reboot. However, with this version, it seemed to work okay until I started using it.

I would run the program and create a new show. I'd patch, create some cues and save the show. Then I would close the program and run it again to create a new show. (I know you're wondering so I'll tell ya... I teach the OS for a lighting course and each student comes in individually and I walk them through the basics). However, the second running of the program without a reboot would allow output to dimmers through the programmer but when the cues are saved to a cue, even though the cue has the correct contents, the cue would not show output. Shutting down the program, rebooting the computer and then running the cue again, the cue runs with no problems.

Now I'm just setting up for a production that opens in a week and I've run the program ONCE and it exhibited this behavior again. I tried to PARK some dimmers (house/works while my crew were hanging) and the lights went to 0 when I hit PARK. I tried many times... no go. Saved the house/works to a cue and ran the cue.. no output. From the Programmer, no problem. After a reboot, parking and cues work fine.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3
Intel Core2 CPU
T7400 @ 2.16GHz
2.16 GHz 2.00GB RAM
Hog3PC 2.6.0 Build 2071 with Hog Widget
No other programs running at the same time.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Doug
  • You should never have to reboot on any version to get H3PC to run a second time. You just have to leave enough time for the program to clean up after itself (usually only a minute or so) before re-launching.

Secondly if you just want to open a new show file, don't quit the H3PC application. Simply "Log Off" and it will take you back to the startup/launcher screen, and you can launch a new show from there.

If you need to Quit H3PC and re-open it for some reason, check your Windows Task Manager>>>Processes and be sure any xxxxxx-win-golden-32 processes have quit....or kill them before re-opening H3PC.

Hope this helps:)
  • [quote=Marty Postma]You should never have to reboot on any version to get H3PC to run a second time. You just have to leave enough time for the program to clean up after itself (usually only a minute or so) before re-launching.

Secondly if you just want to open a new show file, don't quit the H3PC application. Simply "Log Off" and it will take you back to the startup/launcher screen, and you can launch a new show from there.

If you need to Quit H3PC and re-open it for some reason, check your Windows Task Manager>>>Processes and be sure any xxxxxx-win-golden-32 processes have quit....or kill them before re-opening H3PC.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks Marty I'll give that a try.

:)

Doug
  • Doug,

All of what Marty says is correct. Please let us know if you get it worked out. Your description about park and zero intensity, did you by chance park the fixtures at zero? That would explain why the cue method did not work either...
  • [quote=bradpepe]Doug,

All of what Marty says is correct. Please let us know if you get it worked out. Your description about park and zero intensity, did you by chance park the fixtures at zero? That would explain why the cue method did not work either...

Thanks Brad. No. I parked them by doing Fixture @ FULL More... Park. Once I rebooted, everything worked fine. If I see the behavior happen again, I'll try to detail it.
Related