Whole Hog crash really hard !!!

when i was doing some editing on fixture builder the board sudenlly crash... as usual... but in this ocasion the crash was really weird...
it stop working at all....!!! i turned it off but the board remain still on... after a long wait i decided to unplug the board but... it still remain on!!!!!!!!!! for a long time!... i mean... whit the power cord out!!! i dint knew this board have any UPS on it.. ¨cause some time ago some expert unpluged the board in the middle of the programing and it went off as expected.
what happened?
  • The Whole Hog 3 desk does have a built in UPS, but it will shut the system down if power gets lost. It won't just stay on like you experienced.

Chris
  • Some USB devices such as keyboards can cause a response where the console does not want to shut down. Are you using any external USB devices? Try disconnecting them and see if the console shuts down properly.
  • there was nothing conected to the board. not even the external monitors my friend... it was very embarrasing ´cause the Duran Duran´s LD was working on stage and he kept complaining about the board and i insisted how great the board is...!!!
    when it suddenly crashed... he said "i told you so"
    we realize this board crashes once in a while so ... guys...please... we all need you to work hardest in this bug!
    the WH3 is a board that i like very much.. but i have to be honest about it has left me hanged in the midle of several shows... and it is not small change toy

thank for your atention
    best regards

Gianfranco
  • Sorry if this is off topic but I am new and we just received Hog3 full bore at the my work at and was wondering if there is a software version for the Mac OS?
  • [quote=GDiluminacion]there was nothing conected to the board. not even the external monitors my friend... it was very embarrasing ´cause the Duran Duran´s LD was working on stage and he kept complaining about the board and i insisted how great the board is...!!!
    when it suddenly crashed... he said "i told you so"
    we realize this board crashes once in a while so ... guys...please... we all need you to work hardest in this bug!
    the WH3 is a board that i like very much.. but i have to be honest about it has left me hanged in the midle of several shows... and it is not small change toy

There are long standing, well known issues with the Fixture Builder...STAY OUT OF THERE ON A CONSOLE UNLESS YOU KNOW IT VERY WELL! Use H3PC to build the profile and then Merge it in....works much more smoothly.

[quote=tdogg3]Sorry if this is off topic but I am new and we just received Hog3 full bore at the my work at and was wondering if there is a software version for the Mac OS?

Nope. And you probably won't see one anytime soon either. Boot your mac into XP and run H3PC from there.

Hope this all helps:)
  • Gianfranco,

As Marty says, the Fixture Builder is the weakest portion of code in the system. It is best not to mess with this during critical times (and best to use it on Hog 3PC if you need it). We can create any fixture profile you need with a quick turn-around. Just post on the library forum here, or email support@flyingpig.com

As for the battery, yes there can be times that the software can fail and the desk will remain on until you drain the power on the battery. In most cases however the console battery is used to ensure a proper shutdown after a powerloss.
  • yep... i see by now that the fixture builder is the wekeast point in the WH3 but is about this stupid chinese fixtures we have to use in this country. we already sended to you the profile for this fixtures but it has beeen done wrong so i had to worked on this on the F.B. for me to use it in our shows.
    but my point is, and i`m sorry to be a pain, that it is a reallity that this board crash more that once in a while and i think that you guys in highend need to work in this issue very urgent. every body says that the other board is much more better and stable than this one and feel kind of stupid because i recomend this board to my boss!!!... so he spend a lot of money in this (remember we are in peru, the third world, and we already have two of this boards!!)
    i`m still in love whit this board and i`m going to be a user in all shows i do around south america but please... get your hands as priority in the crash problem"!!!!!

my bes regard for you

your friend

gianfranco
  • Gianfranco,

We are doing our best to correct any crashing problems. Generally Wholehog consoles are very stable. Regarding the corrections for your libraries, did you send us the needed changes?

We are committed to ensuring our consoles are the best available and will continue to make repairs and add new features.

thanks for your understanding,
  • nop i did not send the right profile yet bit i promise i will as soon is posibles. I saw it has soñé change in version 2.6.0 . The fixtures in talo about are in custon-par les spd-015.
    But today i felt kind of relax because in saw the other board crash rigth in my face!!! Jeje
    So, they are only computers... The art is in out hands, right?
    Keep on the hard work my friends

Cheers

Gianfranco
  • Hi Friends I have the same problem with the Road Hog3. My Road Hog 3 console shuts down after 1 hours and sometimes after minutes... I am working with some programming and fixture builder and software shuts down. I have to restart it again and after a while and happens again. The screen go off on black, external keyboard go off, desk lights go off, lamp go off, BUT!! the processor fan, and the power supply still running on. Nevertheless, past days I left the console power on all day, and console works fine, but without doing anything programming. There are some technical procedures that I already made to discard fails:
    - Reinstall the full restore imagen 3.2.6 with cd disk
    - Replace the hard disk to another one
    -Change the ram memory to lowest 1gb to highest 2gt
    -Clean fan processor, install heat sink paste on chip processor
    -I made the settings for bios AIMB 562...

Like I said the console powers on fine, runs fine, but when I start working after time it goes off the software

I have no used on a show because of this issue. Any ideas what could be......thanks​

Related