Hog 1000 key issue

On my hog 1000 it kept running slow and locking up so i went into the diag menu. It shows that the menu key keeps on being pressed on and off over and over. When i hold the menu key down it stops displaying that it keeps on being pressed. I tried replacing the key but it still does the same thing. I am assuming its an error within the programming card. Any ideas or should i just take it over to you.

Thanks
  • [quote=TimMiller]On my hog 1000 it kept running slow and locking up so i went into the diag menu. It shows that the menu key keeps on being pressed on and off over and over. When i hold the menu key down it stops displaying that it keeps on being pressed. I tried replacing the key but it still does the same thing. I am assuming its an error within the programming card. Any ideas or should i just take it over to you.

Thanks
    I had a new 500 a couple of years back that did something similar to this. There are encoder chips on the cards that read the switches, and barring a bad switch, if one of these is going out, it can do what you describe, or possibly a pullup resistor on that chip is bad/missing/loose causing the open circuit voltage to float too close to the switching point. The only problem is, they are not socketed, so based on your description of the problem, I tend to not think it's a bad switch (well, maybe a really oddly bad switch . . . but I still wouldn't put money on it). So, probably best to send it in. If the repair shop is doing component level work, it should be pretty simple and hopefully pretty cheap.

- Tim
  • Do you have the Hog500/1000 technical manual? It could be of great assistance here in that it has full schematics. If you don't, it can be found at:

www1.jands.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/9764/HOG_5001000_Echelon_Technical_Manual.pdf

- Tim
Related