Link Scenes as a Cue in Cuelists?

jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User
We had this discussion already a while ago and I have a tour where a function like this would be very useful:

I would like a scene to be a cue in a cuelist. I do not want to copy the scenes contents to a cue but have a link to the scene.
I could then change the scene, including the lamps I use etc. (thats why i can't use palettes) and would have all my cuelists updated.

This would be a very easy way to get the houselights into a show on tour:
I'm touring with my strobes, LEDs and movinglights on the floor and the show in my desk and need just some specials out of the houselights:
a blue wash, a blinder-cue, a red wash..., maybe fast and slow strobes.

Of course I could use "change type" and clone lamps and such, but as my "blue wash" could be a bunch of PARs today, a few Movers tomorrow and maybe RGB-LEDs tomorrow, using scenes for that would be just way easier if you only need 4 or 5 things, but use them over and over in your show...

any comments on this? I can't find the old thread, but maybe there is already a feature request # for that?

Jan

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited October 2008
    You could use the Comment Macros in the cuelist to trigger the Scenes.
  • jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User
    edited October 2008
    ...but I wouldn't have the intensity on the fader then :(
    edited October 2008
    If the Scene is attached to a fader, it would trigger from the Cuelist and you can ride the fader for intensity. It would not, however, be tied to the intensity fader of the main cuelist.

You could get creative with the Change Page macro to have a page of your scenes available and change as needed with the list.

Just some thoughts....
  • jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User
    edited October 2008
    sure, you could make this whole thing more complicated ;)
    but wouldn't it be just great if I could have Cues that are only links to scenes and behave like any other cues?
    edited October 2008
    sorry, I was just trying to give suggestions for what would work now. I don't think it's as easy as adding a line of code and be in the next release.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2008
    You could always just build 1 Group and then 1 Palette. Use all the IPCB parameters needed in the Palette. Then record as a cue wherever you need it. Then just update the single Group and single Palette on a daily basis.

Hope this helps:)