CMY Colour Mode

Hi there,
I having some trouble with the CMY Colour Mode.
I have a few Showpix in Standard Mode. The Intensity is @Full.
But when I am turning the Encoder Wheel in CMY Mode or want to output some content nothing happens. In RGB and all other Modes the fixtures do what I expected. But in CMY Mode there is no output at all.

Can somebody help me out on this problem?

Oliver
  • Hi Oliver,

What console are you running these fixtures with? This will help me offer proper programming syntax assuming its on a HOG :hogsign:

How do you have the SHOWPIX patched?

Assuming you are using a Hog, are you selecting a media folder and media file to output in one of your image layers? Once the Intensity of the 'SHOWPIX Standard' is at FULL, then select a 'SHOWPIX Image' layer and try MEDIA FOLDER 'lens' and then select MEDIA FILE 1 which should be open white (all LEDs are ON and white) then try and manipulate your CMY values.
    OR
    Make sure that your Color Function parameter is set to correct color function, see below.
    CMY
    Color Function parameter DMX value = 1
    This option simulates CMY color by inverting RGB color components and is the default value for the color function parameter. Use this parameter when you want to color mix with a CMY color model instead of RGB.
    Red Parameter:
    Increases cyan color component from 0 = no adjustment to 65,535 (100%) = maximum cyan saturation.
    Green Parameter:
    Increases magenta color component from 0 = no adjustment to 65,535 (100%) = maximum magenta saturation.
    Blue Parameter:
    Increases yellow color component from 0 = no adjustment to 65,535 (100%) = maximum yellow saturation.

Hope this helps gets you going.
    Best Regards,
    paul
  • Hi Paul,
    i was running the fixtures on a Hog3PC-System v. 2.6 with two DMX Widgets.
    Each fixture was patched as one Standard Showpix and two Image Showpix.
    All default values as you posted.
    Next time I´ll try to select a "lens", but as I told in CMY Mode there was no output at all. As soon as I selected the RGB or any other Mode, layers and background colour worked fine without changing any parameter else.

Best Regards
    Oliver
  • Oliver,

What version of SHOWPIX software are you running? V1.1.179 has a bug where the color mode does not work properly on Layer B (it does work on Layer A). We plan to release a fix for this early this week.

thanks for your understanding,
Related