WYSIWG Assistance

spld2spld2 Registered User
I am having issues connecting to WYG.... (WYG rel. 22 / HogiPC 2.4.0)When I open the Device Manager I can only find Wholehog III DP under Consoles not Devices. I have downloaded and installed all the latest updates for the drivers. I have no problem binding universes etc... Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited October 2008
    You should connect fine to DP2000 under Consoles.
  • spld2spld2 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the response....

When I tried that earlier it wouldn't connect. Maybe if I explain how things are connected it would help.... I have a cat5 cable from the console to a 5 port switch (switch contains internet feed, cat5 feed to DL2's, cat5 jumper to computer). My computers TCP/IP LAN setting is "Obtain IP address automatically. IP address of console is 192.168.254.254 with the Adapter Configuration set to HOG iPC Loopback Adapter.

Does this provide any help?
    edited October 2008
    What is the IP address of the PC?

Does the "Connectivity Driver" connect? Does it show that the console has "active outputs"? If the connectivity driver does not connect, then WYG won't also.

Have you looked through the connectivity guide?

In the device manager, have you assigned the DP an address to the same as the console (generally 1)?

Just a few more thing to look at.
    edited October 2008
    No, it doesn't connect. Status shows "Locating Wholehog III Network..."
    Session is blank and Info: Scanning port 6600. I have gone through the guide and yes the DP address is at 1.
    I'm wondering if it has to do with DHCP within the console.
    edited October 2008
    Then you definitely have some networking conflicts to work out....

So...just to confirm:

iPC to switch?
    Computer to switch?
    iPC set to DHCP ON?
    Computer is on same IP range as iPC (and same subnet)?

Can you copy the IP of the computer (and subnet) and post it here?

Can you ping the iPC from the PC to make sure everything is talking?

Can you connect to H3PC on the same computer (if you have it installed)?

Just trying to come up with some ideas. I won't be back in my office until tomorrow to write down what I use... :-)
    edited October 2008
    iPC to switch - YES
    Computer to switch - YES
    iPC set to DHCP - YES
    Computer IP range and subnet same - YES
    I haven't tried H3PC yet.

I will not be at the computer/console until later this afternoon and will send computer IP and ping results then.

I really appreciate your help.... Thanks
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited October 2008
    Hello, a couple of things to look at here. First when connecting the console to another device you do not want to use the Loopback Adapter. Also when going to the Control Panel and then the Network tab, it always defaults to showing the Loopback Adapter in the pop down box but this does not mean that the Loopback Adapter is actually selected or being used. You need to look and see if the button USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW has a check mark or not to see if it is selected.

Select the other option other than Loopback Adapter, press USE DEFAULT IP SETTINGS and select USE THIS ADAPTER FOR SHOW.

The iPC does not act as a DHCP Server so I would not have the PC set to OBTAIN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY. Set a manual IP address such as 172.31.0.2 since the default on the iPC will be 172.31.0.1.

I would also recommend connecting only the console and Wyg PC via the switch, disconnect the other stuff. The PC may be getting it's IP Address via DHCP from an internet provider or a company network as you mention an internet connection is also connected.
    edited October 2008
    Thanks Mitch.... I did try to change from Loopback Adapter and when the console reset it was back. I will try what you suggested and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.
    edited October 2008
    I was able to change all the settings mentioned except the "Use Default IP Settings" on the console does not remain selected upon resetting.
    edited October 2008
    The Use Default IP Settings will change to Use Custom but the IP should remain at 172.31.0.1 so that shouldn't be any problem.
    edited October 2008
    I have just fired up the console, loaded the show and get the following message: "Unable to bind to configured adapter, reconfiguring to use valid network adapter"
    edited October 2008
    Hello, if you see this message it is because the console is not seeing anything attached to the Ethenet port. It may be a bad cable or you do not have the Wyg PC actually connected.