Help on the WH 1000

JulietJuliet Registered User
First time using this board. I am using High End Studio Spot 575's.
I want to create some "looks" with the movers to pull into the cue's at a later time. In other words, I don't want to have to recreate each moving look for each cue. I have only a day to program cues for 32 songs and I am very frustrated. I have tried palletts, groups, and cues. I cant get all the attributes save and then recalled on any of these things.

If anybody can tell me what I am doing wrong, it will save me hours of work. I am not the one running the board for the shows and I need to make it easy for the operator to press "go" at the right time in each song.

Thanks

Comments

• Andrew_KAndrew_K Registered User
    edited October 2008
    you can record them as cues in the list function (same as recording a cue on the playbacks just using virtual playbacks, you get to it from using monitor - group - list) then load them back into the programmer and build them into stacks or pages if that is what you mean but if you are recording cues properly all the attributes should be saving.

can you type in the key sequence you are pressing
  • JulietJuliet Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks,

The only question I have left is how does one access the virtural cues?
    How does one write one and how does one play them back to record in a cue list.
    What is the button order to record one and then add it to a que. I have only had this board since Friday afternoon, so i have not had much time with it and I need to be done with the show tonight. So I am a little panicked right now. I can do the show the hard and old way, but I would like to make it easier on myself.
    edited October 2008
    okay it should be in the manual, but recording is the same as a normal cue, build your look and hit record then click the list number you want with the mouse

assuming you are running an external monitor hit monitor / group / list in that order

to playback cues on the lists, click on them with the mouse, and click the the mouse and press release to release them

check loading cues in the manual i can't remember the exact keystrokes but load the cue then you can re record it wherever you want

these lists a virtual playbacks the same as the 16 on the board itself and when you record to the ones on the board you will notice that it will come up in the lists, if you press "set" then type in a name you can name the looks as well
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2008
    This really should be in the H2 section of the forums.

If you want to use Virtual Lists on an H2 desk you will need to first be sure they are enabled from the Control Panel.

You can trigger Virtual Lists as previously stated or fire them with Comment Macros with the syntax:
    >L (to Go)
    >J (to Release)
    in the Comment column of a culist....there is more info in the manual on Comment Macros.

You should be able to create FX palettes though, by setting the look you want and then recording it into an open FX palette....make sure you use the proper masking (Use: IFCB) when recording to keep the base values in there.

The H1K has a "crippled" FX engine compared to the full H2 desk, though so you will have some limitations.

To load a cue on H2 simply type Load List ### Cue ### Enter to send cue info into the Programmer, or select the Master the list is on and type Load Cue ### Enter, or for a Virtual List, click and hold the list then Load Cue ### Enter.

Hope this helps:)
    edited January 2009
    but he isn't using hog 2 he is using hog 1000 by the topic title, and then you don't need to activate them you just need to hit monitor then list from memory
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Andrew_K said:
    but he isn't using hog 2 he is using hog 1000

If memory serves.. then the WH1000 runs the HOG 2 software? :)
    edited January 2009
    "Help on the WH 1000" - to me that means he is running a stock standard 1k V3.3, Build 177, not a hog 2 system on a 1k or hog 2 PC,
    edited January 2009
    Andrew....

Joe is correct....the OS on Hog-2 and Hog-1000 is essentially the same with only very minor differences....as well as the Syntax for Comment Macros.....Virtual Lists still need to be enabled from the Control Panel. You can look at the Cuelists, but not fire them from the directory unless they are enabled.

This thread got moved by the forum Admins b/c it was in another area originally.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Ahh, thought I was right. Thanks.
    edited January 2009
    hmm odd i just check on a 1k at work and the factory default is set to being able to use the vitual lists as standard which would be why i've never had to turn them on, do does that only happen when you use a hog 2 show on a hog 1
  • tadawsontadawson Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Not sure what you are referring to as a "Hog 1", but I don't think there was any show compatibility from Hog 1 to Hog 2. As far as Hog 2/Hog 500/Hog 1000, they all use the same base software at the same release numbers, so I don't think there will be any differences there . . .

And I too have never had to do anything to use virtual masters on my Hog 1000 . . . they are just there. For even easier access, set up a palette bank to show cue lists, and you can fire them from the palette bank . . .

- Tim
    edited January 2009
    tadawson said:
    And I too have never had to do anything to use virtual masters on my Hog 1000 . . . they are just there.

Correct. By default they are enabled, but since we were talking originally about an existing show, and not a new one, I suggested it to be sure. It is not immediately obvious if the option has been turned off as with the H3 desks (there is a GUARD button in each directory to tell you), and if you don't know why something isn't working it can be frustrating.
  • hdmagickhdmagick Registered User
    edited December 2009
    hi,
    you can program your looks in the programmer and then record them to a macro on the macro pallette. then when you grab the fixtures and hit the appropriate macro the look will come up in the programmer then you can record it to the cue. by the way, i use 575's with my 1000 also. ron