Studio Color Issues

EsotericEsoteric Registered User
edited October 2008 in HES Automated Lighting
Hey guys I have a 575 I am working on. I get a:

Tilt Stop Err

when I power up the unit. It also tries to tilt but then hits the end of its like and it goes "wrrrrrrrrrr" as it tries to keep going.

I swapped a tilt motor and the sensor that is in the arm from a functioning unit and I get the same error.

What else could produce this error? I was trying to troubleshoot a lamp not striking, but I cant get past this to look at the lamp.

Thanks guys!

Mike

Comments

• Zach PeletzZach Peletz Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2008
    If when homing tilt it slams into one of its end positions then there is something wrong with the sensor circuit (sensor, wire, or board). Check the sensor harness for continuity and shorts and make sure that it is plugged firmly into the main board in the electronics housing.

If you're having multiple issues with this unit you could have a problem with your board.
  • Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Mike you could have a bad logic board. I would swoop it with a working logic board and see what you get. It also could be bad tilt drivers on the logic board.
  • EsotericEsoteric Registered User
    edited September 2008
    In the Studio Color is the lamp strike and the P/T control on the same logic board?

Mike
  • Zach PeletzZach Peletz Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Yes there is just one board in that fixture and you'll see it running down the inside of the electronics housing (top box).
  • EsotericEsoteric Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I thought so. Thanks guys.

Mike
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Try cleaning the senors for pan in the base amd tilt on the arm. A Q tip and some high pressure air usuall does the job for me.
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited October 2008
    there are two sensors for the pan, one is the encoder the other tells the fixture that it has reached its max position. you may have swapped the encoder (looks like two sensors side by side), rather than the max pos sensor which is just one sensor on a little board. (I am going by memory here, it has been a while since i have torn into the 575 fixtures, due to they keep on working)