Save console environment in cues

stephlightstephlight Registered User
When I use more than one whog III for a show it would be really useful to save consoles environment in palettes and have opportunity to recall them via cues.

The console environment is for example witch console command witch fixtures.

Its important to could decide for each song this desk will have the command for those fixtures and the other will command those one.

thanks
Stéphane

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I would do this using a "Recall View" comment macro (RV)....just put a /h2 or /h3 after it to trigger onthe other console....works for any Comment Macro

Hope this helps:)
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Don't think that you already can't save what is not existing yet:poke:

What i want to recall is all the network system, what is the desk on network where it is and witch fixture from patch it control.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2008
    I was going to suggest the same as Marty...but I think Steph is looking something similar as GMA's worlds. Where in multiuser environment users can choose what fixtures are controlled. The rig is separated to parts (worlds) and all consoles have their own world (fixtures they control)
    edited September 2008
    Yes Sautrane, something like that but with more option. I want to be able to save many "worlds" and recall them from a cue.

Thanks for your help
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2008
    So, I though...haven't used GMA for a while but multiuser with worlds (environments) works pretty well in that console. Also the GMA has powerful macros, so choosing worlds in a cue can be possible, don't know for sure.
    But if H3 is going to have proper multiuser it's going to have something similar.
    At least, I hope so. Good suggestion, I think.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2008
    All,

We do have plans for something similar to the GrandMA Worlds in the future. Actually the original Wholehog 3 code has some structure for "security" by user log-in. Some of you may remember the old screen when starting a show. At any rate in the future we do plan to bring in more multi-user options. Much of the upcoming v3.0 software reworks the communication layer of the code, which will enable us to implement features such as this much easier and better...

thanks for your suggestions,
    edited September 2008
    As we are talking about network and multiuser, it should be great that when there is more than one desk connected to the same show, the last powered console become the server.
    We could also have a priority number for each desk to choose the one would become the server if server is disconnected.
    And when we will have "Worlds" we could also have a feature to redistribute fixtures of a console that is disconnected.
  • AndyPAndyP Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Slightly off topic but.....

I think it would also nice to be be able to save the LED desk light levels and colour (white or blue) into views. Maybe the same for the RoadHogs worklight. Any thoughts......?
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited September 2008
    stephlight wrote:
    As we are talking about network and multiuser, it should be great that when there is more than one desk connected to the same show, the last powered console become the server.
    We could also have a priority number for each desk to choose the one would become the server if server is disconnected.
    And when we will have "Worlds" we could also have a feature to redistribute fixtures of a console that is disconnected.

I would also find that to be an extremely powerful feature that I am not aware of in any other desk. But you would defiantly have to have a way to not have like a tablet used for remote focusing to become the show server.. especially over a wireless connection..

Ryan
    edited September 2008
    With a console priority number it should not be possible if main desk have number 1 (highest priority) and stay powered, but we could perhaps have a option 'never become the show server'

Steph
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Stephane,

You are now talking about network fail safe... this is planned for the very near future...

thanks,
    edited September 2008
    Good news!

Thanks