wireless remote focus from a tablet/pc

nunnynunny Registered User
I think i already know the answer but is there any way of setting up a wireless remote focus off a laptop via a roadhog, if no which i think is the answer what would be the cheapest way of setting up hog 3 pc and what hardware would be needed to be able to roam wirelessly but still have the full availability of 4 universes out of the roadhog??

Thanks in advance

Mike

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2008
    The Roadhog has no external connectivity at all...Hog3PC, wireless, MIDI, networking, nothing.

So, unfortunately, without a Full Boar, you can't do any remote focus work with the Roadhog.
  • amersonamerson Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Could you use a USB network card?
    edited October 2008
    amerson wrote:
    Could you use a USB network card?

Unfortunately, without the proper drivers, that would not work.
    edited October 2008
    Aren't the drivers available from M$FT?
    edited October 2008
    Yes, the drivers exist, however, they are not already installed on the console and users can't load drivers. It would have to come from HES on the XPe.

That's all I meant.....
    edited October 2008
    Oh..... That's very different..... Never mind. (Emily Latella)
  • mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I have done this with a hog pc system using a toughbook , tablet pc , and a netgear wireless router , and utilising the remote desktop software that comes with windows I have all the instructions that an IT friend sent me on my home pc , I will attach them when i get home
    Other wise you will need to buy a 4 universe wireless dmx system from luminex or w-dmx etc
    mikey