Wholehog iphone

kmkarimkmkarim Registered User
So, I was reading the post below and saw that you can use VNC to control Wholehog via an iphone. There is an app on the appstore called Luminair (http://www.synthe-fx.com/products/luminair) which lets you control DMX lights via art-net which requires buying DMX to CAT5 (internet cable). I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a wholehog pc to output through the internet if i have a DMX > USB widget and I am currently controlling the lights on the PC.

Thank You,

kmkarim

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2008
    kmkarim,

I hope you really mean "ArtNet", and not "Internet"......I would NEVER EVER trust the internet to handle show data......that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Currently if you want your H3PC to output ArtNet the only way to do that is to take the DMX output from your widget(s) and/or DP-2000 and "convert" it to ArtNet using a 3rd party piece of hardware. Artistic License, Luminex, and Enttec are just a few of the companies that make these boxes.

In the future there will be a new DMX processor called DP-8000 that will output ArtNet directly. These connect to H3PC via network in much the same way as a DP-2000 currently does. These new processors are still being tested and probably will not be out for at least a few months yet.

Hope this helps. :)
  • snowmansnowman Registered User
    edited October 2008
    ......very expensive app though.....
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Marty Postma said:
    kmkarim,
    I hope you really mean "ArtNet", and not "Internet"......

I think Inter-net was ment. Meaning- within a network..

:)
  • B.BertoutB.Bertout Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Hi guys!

I would also like to control my Road Hog Full Boar with my Iphone, with the Luminair app. But the problem is that i don't know so much about networks... How should i do to connect iphone and full boar together?
    I have a road hog full boar and a Hog 3 PC (with the programing wing, playback wing and DMX super Widget).
    Actually I created a Ad-hoc network on the laptop who got the H3PC, my iphone can see this wifi network but i don't suceed to control H3PC.
    Can somebody helps me?

Thanks in advance!

Ben.
  • snowmansnowman Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Ben,

I would recommend getting mocha vnc lite (or if you have some money to throw around, jaadu VNC).
    Connect to the RHFB to the H3PC via remote show logon. Then use the iPhone to control that via VNC.
    This is convered more in depth here

Idoubt there will be many people that use a hog 3 and lumanair on these forums, but then you never know

BTW welcome to the forums!