iPC Issue?

I am not sure if this is a console issue or not... I am having trouble with 2 VL3000's in that when they are called there is sometimes a 3-5 second delay before they come one. Knowing VL's like I do I assumed it was the fixture. I swapped out the 2 units in question with "fresh from the shop maintenance complete" and even these did it.

Any thoughts of what to check or look for in the patch maybe? Kind of stumped here... Thanks, in advance, for any help....
  • Scott,
    What OS on the iPC are you using Hog 2 or Hog 3?
    Is it just intensity, or all parameters? Does it just happen just in the programmer or when you play back cues? Is it happening to all the fixtures in the rig?
    If it’s just in the programmer, for Hog 3, in the programmer there is a button called “Fade Changes”. If this is selected then when programming all values will use fade times to change. This is used for programming live and not having the values snap change. If it’s in cues, check to make sure there are no strange delays or make sure there is no fixture parameter that makes the values use some sort of on board fixture timing. I don’t know that fixture very well so I can’t say for sure if it has any motor speed parameters built into the fixture itself. I know other people have been using the VL with not problems.
  • Mike,

Thanks for the response. I have experienced this problem in both the programmer and while running cues. After placing the post checked for any timing/delays and found nothing out of the ordinary.

I just find it strange that even after swapping the 2 units the problem is the same. I am leaning towards the fixtures needing a deep diagnostics but I didn't want to rule out a console setting issue or to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Thanks again, I will let you know how it all works out.
Related