Hog iPC touch screen issues

Ive got one of my touch screens registering a "touch" when im not touching it. Any suggestions?
  • Sounds like something might be stuck to the screen or stuck in the edges where the touch sensors are.

Have you tried giving the screen a good cleaning?

Hope this helps:)
  • Yah, the screen is clean. Im worried it may be damaged (not visibly, though). If I disconnect it and give it a good shake it tends to work for a while, but still reverts back to the same problem. It makes the mouse pointer move to the same place every time as well.

[quote=Marty Postma]Sounds like something might be stuck to the screen or stuck in the edges where the touch sensors are.

Have you tried giving the screen a good cleaning?

Hope this helps:)
  • Hi,
    Can you narrow this problem down at all?

If you swap the touchscreens over does the problem move with it,unplug the USB and vga cables to the rear of the console and reboot.
    Is it the monitor or the console.

Also check that if your using a mouse or keyboard nothing is latching or causing extra touch's.

Is it possible dirt or condensation has got into the monitor ?

If this an IPC,Full Boar or roadhog i would also suggest a full clean system restore which can fix many external monitor problems.
    Remember to save all shows that you want before you do a full install as they won't be there when you return.

C
  • I am positive that the problem is in the monitor. I have plugged it into my laptop and it exhibits the same problem. I'm calling HE today about the issue.

[quote=cormacjack]Hi,
    Can you narrow this problem down at all?

If you swap the touchscreens over does the problem move with it,unplug the USB and vga cables to the rear of the console and reboot.
    Is it the monitor or the console.

Also check that if your using a mouse or keyboard nothing is latching or causing extra touch's.

Is it possible dirt or condensation has got into the monitor ?

If this an IPC,Full Boar or roadhog i would also suggest a full clean system restore which can fix many external monitor problems.
    Remember to save all shows that you want before you do a full install as they won't be there when you return.

C
Related