Question About Gobos and Virtual Scene Playback

Hi,

I am setting up a HOG3 to run lights for a sporting event and am recording effects, colors, gobos, etc into virtual scenes. Everything seems to be working and mixing well except that when I select a gobo from wheel 1 and then one from wheel 2 or 3, they "pile on" instead of clearing the first wheel. Also, when I shift the focus to keep the gobos sharp, or change size, that shift stays even when I have selected a different scene with a different gobo and focus.

Is there a proper way to get all paramaters recorded into the scene to avoid this? I have been selecting "Use B," but think that maybe I need to "Touch" all the beam paramaters in order to solve this.

Thanks for any help.
DJ
  • You are correct DJ.

There are a couple of ways to do this. Currently, if you have your console setup in a "default state", Beam parameters are kept separate. So if you change gobo 1, unless you specifically tell the console to look at all parameters (Touch in your example), those parameters are left off of the recording and will pile-on.

Another way to do it is to change "Keep Beam Parameters Separate" in the setup of your preferences. I personally don't do this...I just rely on "TOUCH" when I need everything. So, quick answer...yes "TOUCH" and then "USE B" is the quickest and, in my personal opinion, best option.
  • I tend to record gobos as follows, but let me say, rarely do i "stack" gobos anyway, and in those cases, I record scenes/palettes for those:

gobo 1 (say lava), gobo 1 rotate @ 25rpm, focus= g1 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 open, gobo 2, index 0 degrees.

then do the same thing when it comes to wheel 2, but make gobo 1 open, and set the focus to your gobo 2 palette.

gobo 1 open, gobo 1 rotate index 0 degrees, focus= g2 focus palette, iris= iris open palette, gobo 2 gatlin, gobo 2 rotate @ 150rpm.
Related