Strobe Rate Uniformity

tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
Don't know if this one has been mentioned already or not. It would be really helpful if when you selected multiple fixture types and then selected a strobe rate, if the strobe rates matched across the rig. I know this could get complicated with 3rd party fixtures, but please at least calibrate HES fixtures. It's puzzling when you grab an X.Spot and a Studio Command and tell them both to strobe at x hz and the X.Spot is going twice as fast as the Studio Command. I am assuming that this probably is also the case for parameters like rotating gobos. Same RPMs = different rotation on each fixture.

I know that different fixtures interpret different parameters/values differently, so I know such calibrations are easier said than done. However we have heard from several users that other consoles apparently have solved this problem, so it would seem a fix is possible. It seems like an important issue to many cross-platform users.

Thanks for your efforts.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Thanks Travis,

Yes ideally we do wish to calibrate all parameters of all fixtures. The libraries allow for offset settings and some fixtures do have these applied. However as you found many fixtures use a general mapping based upon the DMX range.

Hopefully in the near future we will begin calibration of parameters again and get this all sorted out..

thanks for your patience.