Recording Cues

browniebrownie Registered User
Hey Everyone,

I am new to programming moving lights with HOG 3PC and am trying to record cues.
I am following the manual and press Record > Choose and then choose the playback master (eg 1). It records the cue and all is good.

The question is how do I playback that cue for a live show???

Thanks Matthew:1zhelp:

Comments

• prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited August 2008
    If you have that master chosen, you can use the big play button that is between all the masters and the keypads. Otherwise, you can hit the play button above the specific master you want to playback (that has the cuelist you want to use).

Feel free to ask anything, we're all here to help. Also, welcome to Hog and moving lights!
  • browniebrownie Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mention something before. I am using WYSIWYG as a visualizer and when I click play now nothing happens. There's just a blank stage with no lights what so ever. The cue fades up according to HOG yet nothing happens on WYSIWYG.

Any ideas????

Thanks Matthew
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited August 2008
    Hi,
    did a quick search of the forums maybe some of the previous posts may have some information which may help you out.
    http://forums.highend.com/search.php?searchid=66547

Are you connecting wyg and HogIII PC on the same machine?
    Do you have firewalls and antivirus software enabled?
    have you got the latest connectivity driver installed on your machine?

Best C
    edited August 2008
    Hi Jack,

WYG and HOG are on the same machine. I have the latest connectivity driver installed and no anti virus or firewalls etc enabled.

When I set up scenes and cues I can see them perfectly fine WYG yet when I play them back (or try to at least) I get nothing.

?????

Thnks Matthew
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited August 2008
    See if these documents help,

C
    edited August 2008
    Hey,

Thanks Jack for your reply it was a great help. It ironed out a couple of other problems i was having. Yet the same problem still exists. I am biginnig to think it may be a problem with the actual playback.

First I press Choose above the first master to select that master.

Then press Record 1 Enter

I take the cue should now be recorded to Master 1 Cue List 1
    To playback:

I hit clear to clear all values from the programmer.
    Than I click the play button on master 1 and bring up the fader if needed.

Is that all I have to do????

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks Matthew:D:1zhelp:
  • theDutchGuytheDutchGuy Registered User
    edited August 2008
    this might be the worst suggestion in the history of stupid suggestions, but...
    is the grand master up?
    edited August 2008
    Hey,

It might be close lol but no. :DI checked that. But thanks anyway.

I am only just starting so it wasnt that stupid thanks.

Thanks Matthew
  • spcentralspcentral Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2008
    I have never used hog 3 with WYSIWYG, but I have used it with vision. Be sure that any settings on WYS are the same as on the hog, patching (including universes). It may be a network issue between the two programs. Be sure that the WYS software is connecting to the correct network. I have a few different network cards on my laptop and whenever i am using it with hog 3 pc, I am sure that only the network card I am using is enabled, and this gets rid of any network communication errors between the programs.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2008
    Is your Output window showing output? What about your patch...where did you patch your fixtures? What DP#? It could be that HogPC is trying to output to DP1 and your fixtures are elsewhere.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited August 2008
    Have you checked all setting on Wyg?

When you start Wysiwig, you get a small Hog-logo on your toolbar, this is your DP. Is the status Running and are the outputs active?
    When you are in Live-mode, you can see to what number DP you are connected to. You can change this in the properties of the DP in Device manager. So make sure, Hog 3PC and Wyg are on the same number of DP.

On Hog 3PC, what does your networkscreen say? You should see a Visualiser with the status Running.